Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Drilling Pacquiao is The Unforgettable Career Moment!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
    Out of 144 unofficial scorecards, 57 scored the fight for Marquez, 51 for Pacquiao and 36 scored a draw.

Can you explain to me why this was a robbery?

Marquez even cried robbery after the Bradley fight, a fight he clearly lost. Even his partners in ESPN told him to his face in the post fight interview that the only strange thing in the scores was the one gave to him.

We really need to end this robbery bs. Marquez sealed the rivalry in a fashion way and proved to be the man. But can't deny he was a big whiner sometimes.
    I scored the fight a draw. I had Marquez up 6-4 going after the 10th round, But he blew it away by fighting so conservatively.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      I am sure that Julio Ceasar Chavez Sr fans would disagree. His comeback last second knockout of Meldrick Taylor is a bigger boxing moment.
      While I do agree that Chavez stopping Taylor was more memorable, the reason it was more memorable and bigger is the controversy behind it. The very last seconds of the fight and Taylor was on his feet. All the ref had to do was let the fight continue to the end of the round and Taylor would've won. He would've been ahead on 2 out of the 3 scorecards if the fight went the distance.

Marquez literally KOed Pac. If they gave Pac a full minute to get up, he still wouldn't be able to. Might not be as memorable as the Chavez - Taylor fight, but I think the Pac getting KTFO was more impressive.

Comment

PAC was well onto his 4th points win over jmm when jmm found that punch. PAC could have outpointed jmm but wanted ko which played into jmm hands

Comment

I bet he still had the itch to fight Manny5, but the feeling doe!

Comment

marquez - first ballot hof...legendary technician. i will miss him, loved his style.

Comment

JMM had to Knock PAC out cause he would never get a fair shake. I'm the 3rd fight Marquez was landing that right hand all night at will and PAC couldn't adjust for whatever reason. Finally in the 4th Marquez was losing the exchanges but pulled back and let that right hand go. Either way the only dudes to truly beat PAC are great fighters. Morales, Marquez, Mayweather. But Marquez's style gave PAC hell.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                "I guess the Mexican pharmacy was better tonight" Erik Morales
                salty ass Morales, quit against Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                  Out of 144 unofficial scorecards, 57 scored the fight for Marquez, 51 for Pacquiao and 36 scored a draw.

Can you explain to me why this was a robbery?

Marquez even cried robbery after the Bradley fight, a fight he clearly lost. Even his partners in ESPN told him to his face in the post fight interview that the only strange thing in the scores was the one gave to him.

We really need to end this robbery bs. Marquez sealed the rivalry in a fashion way and proved to be the man. But can't deny he was a big whiner sometimes.
                  The experts of the WBO rewatched the fight of Pac vs Horn and they said that the real winner still being Horn.

So?

Your argument is pathetic.

All the world knows that the third fight was a robbery.

Is totally stupid what you said.

So, Bradley won clearly vs Marquez but Marquez vs Pacquiao was not clear?

When both fights were too similar.

I think that the words of Marquez vs Bradley were because all the robberies in his career: Norwood, John, third fight vs Pacquiao.

And? All the fighters did the same.

Fu.ckin Pacquiao still saying that he won he fight vs Floyd and all the first 3 fights vs Marquez. The fight vs horn, etc.

Floyd said that he was robbed in the semifinals of the Olympic games.

Robberies were John, Norwood and Pacquiao 3.

Was pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    While I do agree that Chavez stopping Taylor was more memorable, the reason it was more memorable and bigger is the controversy behind it. The very last seconds of the fight and Taylor was on his feet. All the ref had to do was let the fight continue to the end of the round and Taylor would've won. He would've been ahead on 2 out of the 3 scorecards if the fight went the distance.

Marquez literally KOed Pac. If they gave Pac a full minute to get up, he still wouldn't be able to. Might not be as memorable as the Chavez - Taylor fight, but I think the Pac getting KTFO was more impressive.
                    WTF.

Richard Steele followed the rules. He did what he was supposed to do.

He questioned Taylor two times and he didn't answer him.

Taylor was hospitalized with brutal damage in his body, two broken ribs and damage in his brain.

And nope.

Here in Mexico all the people see more memorable the K.O of JMM to Pacquiao.

Pacquiao was better than Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      PAC was well onto his 4th points win over jmm when jmm found that punch. PAC could have outpointed jmm but wanted ko which played into jmm hands
                      Pacquiao was.

Pacquiao could have.

Pacquiao wanted.

Stop crying like a girl.

Pacquiao was K.O'ed and period.

Marquez lost speed because he gained muscle to K.O Pacquiao.

That's the reason why he was receiving more shots than other fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X