Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Willing To Postpone Retirement To Fight at Rio Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, marquez definitely did more damage than I thought ...

Comment

Not sure why an accomplished pro who's about to retire would want to compete in an amateur event, especially boxing. I thought it was bs when they did it in basketball too, though the competitors from other countries were supposed to be "pros".

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        Not sure why an accomplished pro who's about to retire would want to compete in an amateur event, especially boxing. I thought it was bs when they did it in basketball too, though the competitors from other countries were supposed to be "pros".
        the basketball thing, i knew someone was gonna bring it up but like u stated, those another teams from different countries is consider "pro", so its pro against pro, although US skill set is at a higher level . with manny, it'll be a pro fighting an amateur and its not just any pro boxer, its a legend, an ATG, this is not a good look for manny! lol. dude should have thought about this in his no fear days.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
          Nyahahahahahaha where'd you been hiding all these years? KOBE played BASKETBALL in the OLYMPICS and PACQUIAO should not box?
          i think u mis read that.

im talking manny fighting in the olympics is like kobe in his prime laker days entering some college basketball summer tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            It's like NBA players competing in the Olympics...oh wait.........
            here's what u failed to think... those other countries are consider "pros"..

Manny is a pro fighter, a legend at that. fighting against AM fighters lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              no you dummy if you paid attention nba players play in the olympics so do other pro athletes in other sports as well.
              hey dummy, i said its like nba players competing in some college tournaments. I know nba players compete in the olympic. but guess what dummy? those other players from different countries are consider "pros" where as manny ( a pro fighter) will be fighting against AM guys. think for a minute smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                Nba players play against other pro athletes in olympics not amateurs
                thank u sir..

Comment

let some young filipinos prospect handle this. if manny wants to be apart of it, help the young prospect out. help train and guide them to be just as good as manny. pac need to stop trying to steal the spotlight. let some young fighters get their shine. this is the only way philipines will get recognition from the boxing world. pac aint gonna be around forever, he needs to look at the bigger picture here and that is to produce great fighters out of the philipines.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mayabang;16508792]
                    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

not sure about Wlad, but I think Pac is only considering it to get political points. I know it's lame but that's my guess. And it's not like Pac is 20 years old, he's pretty up there in age. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually gets outboxed/outpointed by younger faster guys. Plus don't they wear headgear? So that's an advantage for Pac's opponents.
                    Actually, there is no headgear now.

As old as he is, Pac is still 50x the fighter any of these amateurs are. He has fought the best of the best for the better part of 20 years. No amateur would have any clue what to do with Manny ****ing Pacquiao. His speed and skill is completely unmanageable for them.

It's really unfair. If any pro does this, they deserve no credit for it.

Comment

For those who think any championship level pro might lose in the Olympics, just think about Lomachenko/Salido. Lomachenko was one of, and some say the most decorated amateur ever, the best to ever do it. Yet when he jumped to the pros and fought a championship fighter, he was woefully unprepared. And this was against Orlando Salido, who isn't a particularly skilled or talented championship fighter. Lomachenko is certainly a better fighter than that Salido was, but he did not have the experience to overcome Salido's years fighting the best boxers in the world at his weight.

Now imagine someone like Pac or Wlad, and they're not fighting any amateurs like Lomachenko. The poor kids are helpless. Even the ones that aren't kids have never seen fighters on that level and would have no idea how to handle it.

Comment

Working...
                      X