Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
        I wonder how long it took him to memorise the lyics for that song.
        Amazing when you hear alternate takes of songs that have whole other verses from the originally released cuts, too. Words just must have streamed out of the guy.

Something else, man. Your recent Holly interest got me revisiting and thinking about the whole Buddy trip these last few days.

From his wiki,

"He wanted to develop collaborations between soul singers and rock 'n' roll, hoping to make an album with Ray Charles and gospel legend Mahalia Jackson."

That kind of vision is what makes his passing such a great loss to music fans. That's a Gram Parsons level of unifying vision right there. Kid was only 22, the stuff we have is surely just the tip of his talent and potential.

First thing is just to be grateful for the brilliance he was here long enough to leave behind, but you can't help wondering where his talent would have gone.

Thanks for inspiring me to dig it all over again.

Comment

• Starr in top-form on drums;

Comment

• Comment

• NP, man, wasn't intentional, and I'm not sure what sparked my initial interest for Holly, lol, literally can't remember the moment, but I do remember falling in love with Allison's drum-work on Peggy Sue.

It's scary to think what he could have accomplished. So much potential, it's sad.

Currently;

Comment

• Comment

• Stones!, do you drum, man? Noticed an emphasis there in your music posts, unless it's my imagination.

Currently,

Comment

• I don't have a drum set, but when I'm at my mates that's the only thing I bother playing. I'm not trained and wouldn't know how to play a set arrangement but I can keep a beat, just mess around, free-form etc. Probably my favourite instrument, behind the roar Bruce's tele makes.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X