Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badou Jack vs Adonis Stevenson in January?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badou Jack vs Adonis Stevenson in January?

This is the fight Jack wanted when he decided to vacate his WBA title. Now it looks like this match-up could very well happen next.

I really like this match-up so I hope it takes place in January.

wbcboxingPossible fight for January 2018, @wbcboxing Light Heavyweight Champion Adonissuperman vs badoujack #StevensonJack

Stevenson is fighting Alvarez Jan 27.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Stevenson is fighting Alvarez Jan 27.
      Just negotiations but no opponent has been confirmed

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/372003

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        Just negotiations but no opponent has been confirmed

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/372003
        Hmmm, it was tweeted from GYM page a few days ago. I check their Twitter and it's now gone ...

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
          This is the fight Jack wanted when he decided to vacate his WBA title.
          He didn't decide to vacate his WBA title. Vacating the title was a condition of getting the title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            He didn't decide to vacate his WBA title. Vacating the title was a condition of getting the title shot.
            I try to tell people this lol, It was an agreement made with Bivol so he would step aside and now Bivol is trying to spin it and say Badou ran from him as a publicity stunt in order to get some hype behind him because nobody knows who the **** he is. It's funny how this works. Badou wasn't supposed to say anything about it, there was a non disclosure clause in it for his camp only, he ended up "spilling the beans" when a reporter grilled him about the "duck."

Then Jack's handlers backtracked when asked about it as if Badou wasn't supposed to say anything about it.

I think the plan is to build that Jack-Bivol fight for the future. You know, the typical "Oh he's ducking me" thing fighters do to try to get fans interested in the fight and bring more attention to it in order to make it bigger. Happened with Thurman-Porter, Spence-Brook, now Garcia-Porter, and Wilder-Whyte. Bivol can make a name for himself now I guess as "The guy who Badou Jack ran from/ducked."
            Last edited by lolpz; 11-04-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

The details are not important. Bottom line Jack was looking for a fight against Superman and it seems like he's almost there now.

Comment

The outcome is planned already, nobody needs Stevenson's aging ass so they feel it's better to give this belt to Badou

Comment

I really like this bout. It's about time Adonis is fighting someone that can beat him. His career has been **** since he left HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    The outcome is planned already, nobody needs Stevenson's aging ass so they feel it's better to give this belt to Badou
                    That left hand is gonna put Jack in a coma. And I like Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X