Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo makes Golovkin quit/corner stop, you MUST recognize the new TBE.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    I don't see him making GGG quit!
    Neither do I. That's the point - if Canelo does something nobody expects him to be capable of doing against a guy nobody else came close to doing the same to, how can he not be treated as the current best of the generation?

Comment

Yeah, we'll respect Canelo for ducking GGG 3 years after his prime and beating him at 36 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
        Yeah, we'll respect Canelo for ducking GGG 3 years after his prime and beating him at 36 years of age.
        Excuses. It's not Nelo's fault G got in the game late.

Comment

Canelo will win but not by knockout. GGG has a granite chin.

Comment

come on man this has 0 to do with Mayweather..this is Canelo's moment..besides triangle theories do not work

Comment

I supposse if GGG stops Canelo be should be TBE also, no? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                I supposse if GGG stops Canelo be should be TBE also, no? 🤔
                GGG is *expected* to stop Canelo.

You don't become TBE for doing something you're expected to do, you become TBE for doing something nobody expects you can succeed in doing.

If GGG outboxes Canelo over 12 - handily - the same way Floyd did? Then he must be acknowledged as a great fighter. Not TBE.

The only way he can become TBE is to actually move up in weight and beat people. I know the Ward ship has sailed, but there are others. You can't be TBE when all of your accolades happened at one weight class - you haven't fought anybody. Hell, even Valero had wins in two weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  I don't want to hear about low blows.
                  I don't want to hear about corrupt refs.
                  I don't want to hear about early stoppages.
                  I don't want to hear about paid off/corrupt judges.
                  I don't want to hear about drug testing.
                  I don't want to hear about "home field advantage".
                  I don't want to hear about how "old" Golovkin is.
                  Then tell the judges to score the fight fair and objective and Canelo to fight clean.

If he stops Golovkin fair and square, I'll give him his credit.

If he pulls a Ward and stops him with the help of illegal tactics or gets a win via robbery, you're damn right I'll criticize him for it.
                  Last edited by Szef; 08-05-2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    Then tell the judges to score the fight fair and objective and Canelo to fight clean.
                    That's not how it works bro.

I'm one who felt Chavez/Taylor was a downright disgrace of a stoppage. Period. However, I accept what the history books reflect: JCC stopped a champion and essentially ruined the rest of his career. It doesn't matter why Richard Steele did what he did.

I'm one who felt Williams/Lara scorecards were a flat out joke. However, I accept that Williams has a win over Erislandy Lara.

Jeff Horn beat Manny Pacquiao. Period.
                    Tim Bradley beat Manny Pacquiao. Period.
                    Andre Ward BEAT Sergey Kovalev. Twice. Period.
                    Orlando Salido beat Vasyl Lomachenko. Period.
                    Sor Rungvisai beat Chocolatito. Period.

That's all that matters, is who's hand is raised at the end of the fight. It's up to the fighter that lost to STOP whatever's causing them to lose.

IF Canelo does what nobody expects he can do, which is STOP Golovkin, he must be acknowledged as the new TBE. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      That's not how it works bro.

I'm one who felt Chavez/Taylor was a downright disgrace of a stoppage. Period. However, I accept what the history books reflect: JCC stopped a champion and essentially ruined the rest of his career. It doesn't matter why Richard Steele did what he did.

I'm one who felt Williams/Lara scorecards were a flat out joke. However, I accept that Williams has a win over Erislandy Lara.

Jeff Horn beat Manny Pacquiao. Period.
                      Tim Bradley beat Manny Pacquiao. Period.
                      Andre Ward BEAT Sergey Kovalev. Twice. Period.
                      Orlando Salido beat Vasyl Lomachenko. Period.
                      Sor Rungvisai beat Chocolatito. Period.

That's all that matters, is who's hand is raised at the end of the fight. It's up to the fighter that lost to STOP whatever's causing them to lose.

IF Canelo does what nobody expects he can do, which is STOP Golovkin, he must be acknowledged as the new TBE. Period.
                      A TBE wins his biggest fights without any shadow of doubt. If Canelo doesn't do that, he's not TBE no matter what the official result is (not like he's TBE if he stops GGG fair and square anyway, but you get my point).
                      Last edited by Szef; 08-05-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X