Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these best describes Genaro Hernandez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these best describes Genaro Hernandez?

Genaro Hernandez

Record: 38 victories, 2 losses, 1 draw
    World Title Fight Record: 12-2-1

WBA Super Featherweight Champion
    1991 Nov 22 – 1995
    Vacated
    8 Defenses

WBC Super Featherweight Champion
    1997 Mar 22 – 1998 Oct 3
    3 Defenses

Victories over Champions:

1. Daniel Londas (Then Future WBO Super Featherweight Champion)
    2. Raul Perez (Then former WBC Bantamweight Champion and former WBA Super Bantamweight Champion)
    3. Jorge Paez (Then former IBF and WBO Featherweight Champion)
    4. Azumah Nelson (Then former WBC Featherweight Champion, both former and then-current WBC Super Featherweight Champion)
    5. Anatoly Alexandrov (Future WBO Super Featherweight Champion)
    6. Carlos Hernandez (Future IBF Super Featherweight Champion)

Championship Years: 1991-1998 (1991-1995, 1997-199

WBHOF Member

Of his only two losses, Hernandez takes one in an attempt to step up in weight and earn a lightweight title against lightweight powerhouse Oscar De La Hoya and the other in what turned out to be his last fight against future superstar Floyd Mayweather, Junior.
    Simply a good, solid champion
    66.67%
    Very good to borderline great
    33.33%
    Great, without argument
    0.00%
    All-time Great
    0.00%

I went for Good & Solid. He probably falls somewhere between that & Borderline Great --- a very, very handy fighter & a fine Champ, but not historical material. Even an old version had a young Mayweather's respect.

Comment

Hernandez was only beat by the best, and had some solids wins like the nelson one, i would like to see hernandez in the ibhf

Comment

Like Yonda I think he is between being a good, solid champion and being a very good champion. I mean, he was a very good champion but falls just short of borderline great so maybe the second choice was a bit more appropriate but I chose the first anyway. A very good, solid champion is my choice.

I think he benefitted from a division that had just become good instead of very good as it had been a few ears earlier. Some of the champs just getting on a little bit like Nelson who was about 37/38 or something at the time.

Comment

Working...
        X