Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Recalls KO Win Over Ricardo Torres Put Him "On the Map"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    From what I remember it seem like whenever Torres landed anything hard and hurt Cotto he started missing shots. Yeah he seemed like he was trying hard but not landing anything significant after he hurt him. It was a long time but I remember thinking he let him off the hook. Like I said, I saw the same thing when Corley hurt him. He never rushed in to try and finish him. It was just odd to see it twice against the same fighter.
    Nah, they was well aware of Cotto punching power, they probably though of getting hurt in the process or just couldn't pull the trigger...

Comment

My signature boys, my signature.

Comment

Hate it when people criticize guys having tough fights against some UNDEFEATED guys that are unknown. A lot of time those kinda guys make for the toughest opponents. Great scrap by Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
          Off the top of my head, and without going to YouTube, don't I remember a serious head clash in that fight during a wild exchange that did the real damage to Torres???
          I think that is the holt fight with Torres... off top of my head.

Comment

I recently re-watched that fight. What a fun fight it was !

Comment

It was a good win by #KingCotto. Torres had hammers for hands, and went on on becoing a World Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                From what I remember it seem like whenever Torres landed anything hard and hurt Cotto he started missing shots. Yeah he seemed like he was trying hard but not landing anything significant after he hurt him. It was a long time but I remember thinking he let him off the hook. Like I said, I saw the same thing when Corley hurt him. He never rushed in to try and finish him. It was just odd to see it twice against the same fighter.
                The Corley stoppage was bs, Corley hurt Cotto and the minute that he backed up Corley they stopped it

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  That was one good action fight.
                  For sure, it was real entertaining bout. Miguel has had his share of good fights

Comment

It was a good fight but cotto was expected to beat the guy easy...it turned into a back and forth war. Later as many of you mentioned he got into a similar scenario with Corley. In my view it's because he didn't dominate these fights that we never got a Mayweather-Cotto fight at 140. I can distinctly recall Arum indicating that Cotto wasn't ready. And BTW Floyd was still with Top Rank at that time!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I think that is the holt fight with Torres... off top of my head.
                      I see what you did there. Nice get - I forgot all about that Holt fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X