• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    That was the point of my message
    Cool then.

Glad we agree.

Comment

I think they are both equally skilled (in the art of landing effective punches whilst avoiding effective punches from opponents in return). However, the advantage in size and youth for Lomachenko is what prompts me to vote for him. Otherwise, I'd think it would be a 50/50 chess match with both winning 5 matches each, if they fought each other 10 times, assuming they were both the same size and age.

So I'll predict a Lomachenko stoppage win via 9-12th round retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
        I think they are both equally skilled (in the art of landing effective punches whilst avoiding effective punches from opponents in return). However, the advantage in size and youth for Lomachenko is what prompts me to vote for him. Otherwise, I'd think it would be a 50/50 chess match with both winning 5 matches each, if they fought each other 10 times, assuming they were both the same size and age.

So I'll predict a Lomachenko stoppage win via 9-12th round retirement.
        Won't be a factor here, when you have a high ring IQ and elusive style like Rigo, you don't take much punishment. It's the same reason why Floyd's age never affected him. In boxing it's not about how old you are, it's about how much damage you've taken with respect to how old you are.

Lomachenko has arguably taken more damage than Rigo as a professional. This is a very even fight, and the experience nod goes slightly to Rigo.

This will be a fantastic fight for true boxing fans, rarely do we get two tacticians of this level in their primes face off for what is essentially the p4p crown.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          Won't be a factor here, when you have a high ring IQ and elusive style like Rigo, you don't take much punishment. It's the same reason why Floyd's age never affected him. In boxing it's not about how old you are, it's about how much damage you've taken with respect to how old you are.

Lomachenko has arguably taken more damage than Rigo as a professional. This is a very even fight, and the experience nod goes slightly to Rigo.

This will be a fantastic fight for true boxing fans, rarely do we get two tacticians of this level in their primes face off for what is essentially the p4p crown.

I would agree with you had it been Rigo vs any other boxer. However, when two boxers are SO evenly matched as Loma and Rigo are, then extremely small advantages like this become a factor. Rigo is so much better than the rest of the field that his age wouldn't be much of a factor. However, against a fellow all time great technician and 2 time gold medalist in Lomachenko, that small advantage can be a very decisive factor indeed.

Floyd Mayweather Jr never faced anybody as good as Vasyl Lomachenko at age 37 whilst that opponent was 30 years of age.

To be honest, I don't agree Lomachenko has taken more damage. Neither have been hit much. However, Rigo has been down a few times whilst Loma hasn't. Excluding those, both rarely get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            I would agree with you had it been Rigo vs any other boxer. However, when two boxers are SO evenly matched as Loma and Rigo are, then extremely small advantages like this become a factor. Rigo is so much better than the rest of the field that his age wouldn't be much of a factor. However, against a fellow all time great technician and 2 time gold medalist in Lomachenko, that small advantage can be a very decisive factor indeed.

Floyd Mayweather Jr never faced anybody as good as Vasyl Lomachenko at age 37 whilst that opponent was 30 years of age.

To be honest, I don't agree Lomachenko has taken more damage. Neither have been hit much. However, Rigo has been down a few times whilst Loma hasn't. Excluding those, both rarely get hit.
            You make great points.

I jsut value Rigo's experience and ring IQ just enough to think he will be able to counter and surprise Lomachenko as much as the other way around. Still think this will be pretty much a 50/50 fight.

Comment

You make great points.

I jsut value Rigo's experience and ring IQ just enough to think he will be able to counter and surprise Lomachenko as much as the other way around. Still think this will be pretty much a 50/50 fight.
              No arguments from me there. I have no problem with any viewing it as a 50/50 match up in terms of odds of either guy winning. I personally have it 52/48 in favor of Lomachenko though. Any lopsided odd for either guy is what I have a problem with.

Comment

I'm late to the voting party. I'll take Lomachenko by tko/ko.

He is younger, more active in the ring and with more fights recently, more versatile, more power and has a size advantage.

Comment

Lets go Rigo

Comment

C'mon mods lets sticky this thread.

That Wilder/Joshua fight isn't even close to happening.

Comment

Here is the original thread & poll. Flip-floppers will be exposed like MMA against Mayweather:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=682776

If you're on that poll above and you switch you're pick you will be called out with a quickness.

I voted in the previous poll but not this one. Still have Loma by stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X