No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Rigondeaux Close For December 9 on ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
    Loma is more proven than GGG. Who the hell has GGG fought except Jacobs ?? Loma on the other hand faced already Russell Jr, Walters and will face Rigondeaux. Much more proven opponents than all the bums GGG faced.
    Agreed, but they both get praised a tad bit too much imo

Comment

If it's at 126 with a 10 pound rehydration limit I have Rigo winning by 3 points. If it's at 130 with no weight rehydration limit I give a slight edge to Loma, but not by much. Either way it should be a great fight for boxing fans

Comment

Originally posted by El Malo. View Post
        If it's at 126 with a 10 pound rehydration limit I have Rigo winning by 3 points. If it's at 130 with no weight rehydration limit I give a slight edge to Loma, but not by much. Either way it should be a great fight for boxing fans
        Its for Lomachenko´s 130 title. Rigondeaux already agreed to it. Read https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...73672909598720

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
          Its for Lomachenko´s 130 title. Rigondeaux already agreed to it. Read https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/st...73672909598720
          I didn't read

Slight edge to Loma, but wouldn't surprise me if he blast Rigo right away

Comment

Hope this happens. They both need this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump the Jab View Post
              The Rigo that fought Donaire would have had a damn good chance. Now at 36 (the little guys age quickly), and moving up in weight, defeating Loma doesn't seem too likely. Loma is young and prime and I'd pick him to win this, without much trouble.
              Prime Rigo is history, and prime Loma is now - they basically missed each other.

Rigo would have taken it a couple of years back when Loma was still green professionally, and it would have been closer to Rigo's optimum weight.

Rigo has relied on skills that have diminished a lot over the last couple of years - primarily speed. Your right that the little guys age quickly as speed and reflexes are the first to go at any weight, and the little guys are more dependent on it.

I'm expecting an epic meltdown from Rigo. He will be getting hit by shots that he used to avoid with ease (and at the higher weight he will feel them more), and as it quickly dawns on him that he's not what he was, I can see a Walters type exit quickly followed by retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Let's be real for a moment... ggg and loma both get praised because of their skin color.
                They get praised because they're damn good fighters, man. Sure there's some racist cunts who see them as the 'great white hope' or somesuch bull****, but then you could say the same about the way a minoritiy of fans of all skin colours view fighters of their own ethnicity. If you are unable to recognise that fighters such as GGG or Loma are just as worthy of praise as say Crawford or Spence then there's probably little point in talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  Prime Rigo is history, and prime Loma is now - they basically missed each other.

Rigo would have taken it a couple of years back when Loma was still green professionally, and it would have been closer to Rigo's optimum weight.

Rigo has relied on skills that have diminished a lot over the last couple of years - primarily speed. Your right that the little guys age quickly as speed and reflexes are the first to go at any weight, and the little guys are more dependent on it.

I'm expecting an epic meltdown from Rigo. He will be getting hit by shots that he used to avoid with ease (and at the higher weight he will feel them more), and as it quickly dawns on him that he's not what he was, I can see a Walters type exit quickly followed by retirement.
                  Loma will stop Rigondeaux and I can see Rigo getting dropped several times.

Comment

Props to Rigo for having the balls to move up 2 weight classes for a chance at greatness! That's what real champions do! Lomachenko vs. Rigondeaux! Make it happen!

Comment

Rigo has big balls, a 122lb fighter moving up to 130, I wish it was a catch weight though (128lbs). I think Loma KO's Rigo with ease, so hopefully Rigo is getting a good payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X