Who's 49-0 Is Better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    how old was he when he fought them?

he was in his 30's himself and past prime for everyone except Mitchell, Gatti and Baldomir

its clear that you literally have a distaste for the man because there is no way possible Marciano has a better resume or beat better fighters than floyd...regardless of titles or not....marciano fought a lot of people you guys would destroy floyd for fighting......30 plus fights in and fighting guys with less than 20 fights? sub .500 records? the critics would crucify floyd for that
    He was in his 20s and 30s. He was only older than Cotto, Maidana, and Pacquiao when they fought. However I think everyone will agree that Mayweather stayed in pretty consistent shape over the years.

Of course I have a distaste. He legit cherry picks old ass dudes who were good 10 years before he fought 'em and when he wins by UD he acts like he's tbe. The dude's a feather-fisted bum. His defense is overrated and the only guys he fought that were prime, he weight drained 'em or they weren't good to begin with.

He never fought a single legit undisputed champ in his entire career. Only guys who held a piece of the title. De la Hoya, Pacquiao (overrated af), and Mosley were the only legit champs he beat. Genaro wasn't very good. He lost to a dude that had only 17 fights and no experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      He retired just as his division was getting good.

That would be like Wlad never facing Fury or Joshua.

It is why he is never really in the discussion when we talk about the very best heavyweights.

But, you go on thinking whatever you like...
      What are you talking about? That is pure bs. Patterson wasn't even rated while Marciano was champ. Liston wasn't rated until '58.
      Their careers at the top of the division never overlapped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        What are you talking about? That is pure bs. Patterson wasn't even rated while Marciano was champ. Liston wasn't rated until '58.
        Their careers at the top of the division never overlapped.
        Doesn't mean Rocky didn't see the writing on the wall.

For example, Archie Moore fought Patterson a year after fighting Rocky.

Point is, had Rocky kept fighting he would have certainly ran into those guys...and took a few Ls for his trouble.

But, he didn't. He ducked out instead in an era where guys were logging at least 65-70 fights, with many over 100.

You explain it, cuz I can't...

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          [/SIZE]
          it amazes me how people act like the "golden age" of boxing was without corruption....the mob ran boxing back then....decade prior there were still "colored" world titles cuz cowards still drew the colour line.

Comment

Doesn't mean Rocky didn't see the writing on the wall.

For example, Archie Moore fought Patterson a year after fighting Rocky.

Point is, had Rocky kept fighting he would have certainly ran into those guys...and took a few Ls for his trouble.

But, he didn't. He ducked out instead in an era where guys were logging at least 65-70 fights, with many over 100.

You explain it, cuz I can't...
            whether he could have fought them or not, his resume is one of the worst of the so called ATG heavyweights

if you think this guys 49-0 is better than mayweather you have to be some old italian dope remembering the glory days

Comment

He was in his 20s and 30s. He was only older than Cotto, Maidana, and Pacquiao when they fought. However I think everyone will agree that Mayweather stayed in pretty consistent shape over the years.

Of course I have a distaste. He legit cherry picks old ass dudes who were good 10 years before he fought 'em and when he wins by UD he acts like he's tbe. The dude's a feather-fisted bum. His defense is overrated and the only guys he fought that were prime, he weight drained 'em or they weren't good to begin with.

He never fought a single legit undisputed champ in his entire career. Only guys who held a piece of the title. De la Hoya, Pacquiao (overrated af), and Mosley were the only legit champs he beat. Genaro wasn't very good. He lost to a dude that had only 17 fights and no experience.

...he beat azumah nelson, Jesse James Leija, Jorge Paez, Carlos hernandez, etc....if you never watched him fight...thats your problem....he was the best of his era and only lost to two hall of famers in his entire career

....how many undisputed champions were there during his career at 130-154....there were none genius...how can you fight something that doesnt exist

He unified at 147 and 154 and won lineal titles in 4 out of 5 divisions....beat guys ranked 1-3 several times..come on bro

you reaching.

Comment

whether he could have fought them or not, his resume is one of the worst of the so called ATG heavyweights

if you think this guys 49-0 is better than mayweather you have to be some old italian dope remembering the glory days
                Like I said, the era he fought in, 49 fights is a low number.

That's a guy getting out early.

Comment

Like I said, the era he fought in, 49 fights is a low number.

That's a guy getting out early.
                  yea...he had something left

Charles ****ed up his nose though

Comment

yea...he had something left

Charles ****ed up his nose though
                    Not enough for him to at least consider a comeback apparently.

Don't know if it was just the nose, I think he just wanted that 0 and knew he'd never keep it if he kept fighting.

Comment

There was no IBC. It was NBA and NYSAC and they always recognized one guy as champion. If there were any discrepancies then they HAD to fight. Wilder and Joshua have been co champs for a year and there is still no fight. Golovkin has been co champ with Saunders for almost 2 years and there has been no fight.

Don't commit the logical fallacy of comparing to things that are not the same as if they were. NYSAC/NBA is NOT the same as WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO.
                      you might want to do some research...the Mob ran it....i mean international boxing club

In 1960, the Senate Subcommittee on Antitrust and Monopoly chaired by Senator Estes Kefauver held hearings into organized crime and professional boxing. It was revealed that the IBC had ties to Mafioso Frankie Carbo, a soldier in New York's Lucchese Family who had been a gunman with Murder, Inc. At the time of the hearings, Carbo was imprisoned on Riker's Island, having been convicted of the undercover management of prizefighters and unlicensed matchmaking. The hearings revealed that Carbo's wife was employed by the IBC at a salary of $45,000 a year.

The following year, Gibson Jr. and Carbo, Carbo's partner Frank "Blinky" Palermo (a member of the St. Louis crime family, and Los Angeles mobsters Joe Di Sica and Louis Dragna, were charged with conspiracy and extortion against National Boxing Association Welterweight Champion Don Jordan. After a three-month trial, in which U.S. Attorney General Robert Kennedy served as prosecutor, the defendants were convicted and sent to federal prison.

Comment

Working...
                      X