• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    #48 doe.

Morales 1, ''I didn't have my gloves...I gave blood.''

Marquez 4. R.E.M.

I love threads that create fake hype that Mexicans love Pac. Mexicans will only remember that Marquez put Pac to sleep. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. is an old generation and isn't fooling anyone that because he gives Pac credit here and there doesn't translate that Mexico roared in pride when Marquez the Aztec warrior set it out straight. Marquez Pac 1, Draw. Floored 3 times in Rd 1. Goooood lawdd don't mess with a Mexican!
    why is it so upsetting to you that a mexican may support pacquiao
    Sure they'll cheer for their countryman if hes fighting pacquiao but you'd be wrong to say Pacquiao doesnt have a lot of mexican fans, aswell with other fans from different countries.

Comment

THis thread is weird to me. Yes I am a known non Manny fan. That said, why is it surprising that Mexicans like Manny? Why would defeating Mexican fighters make Mexican fans not like Manny?

I don't think we need to over exaggerate Manny's popularity either. He is a 1st ballot HOF'er for sure and one of the top boxers I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        why is it so upsetting to you that a mexican may support pacquiao
        Sure they'll cheer for their countryman if hes fighting pacquiao but you'd be wrong to say Pacquiao doesnt have a lot of mexican fans, aswell with other fans from different countries.
        Mexico's population is around 120 million. Mexicans love boxing. I have no control over the millions that love watching boxing in Mexico and why would I be upset about it?

I just don't like threads that exaggerate theory that because Chavez Sr. likes Pac in general doesn't mean the whole Mexican fan base of boxing is going to feel like him. I love Mexican fans just like regular fans worldwide root for their own countrymen without boxing analytics. They just root for nationalistic pride. I'm just saying that any for any theory of how Mexicans ''love'' Pac would only mean that they love the fact that Marquez put the guy to sleep. It's common sense. The problem is the thought that Mexicans wouldn't favor the nationlistic ladder. Plus Marquez is an unsung hero compared to Pac. The boxing World won't agree with it because they love dildos in their ass, but I rate Marquez and Pac at the same level. Plus Marquez is more of a pimp because he fought Floyd earlier....Marquez is Top Rank too... Pac and needles.. pfff roided fake machine

Comment

He was cool with me after #KO6 still not one of my favorites but he earned my respect. Same with Mayweather. I respect him the same.

Comment

It is so easy for fans to fall into the trap of "us" against "them." I don't root for a fighter simply because they are any one race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, etc. I typically cheer them own based on if I identify with their character in some way. A good many of us love a particular fighter because we value their style or personality or even our hidden wish to be a fighter like they are. I love a fighter that comes to brawl or least "make a fight" out of it. Typically, I am cheering for that, but I also appreciate the sweet science of slick boxing.

Comment

Yea i dont get why true boxing fans wouldnt love Pac? He faught his most difficult opponent who gave him hell 4 freaken times without hesitation.
              Former boxers like Tyson, Ali, JCC Sr, Holyfield give him props.

He's always wanted to fight the best in his division. He may not be the greatest of all time, but he's one of the greatest of all time

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                Who else can beat so many mexicans and yet at the end of the day when its all said and done be loved by mexicans, even the greatest mexican JCC snr loves Pacquiao.
                Pacquiao comes from the same mold as Ali, SRL, JCC. Hes loved by boxing fans and casual fans a like, even people who dont follow boxing like him.

Since hes definetely going to be running for senate it appears that his boxing career is finished. Hes had a great run, whether youre a fan or not Pacquiao deserves respect.
                speak for yourself. when i went to a 48 fight we were booing his ass and throwing trash on tintos. no love.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen_Fighter View Post
                  Every fighter is going to have people that dislike him. I couldn't care less about a fighter's race, religion, color, ethnicity, etc. Quite a few fight fans are like this, however there appears to be a large section that care about such nonsense. From a sociological perspective the fighters that "transcend" those barriers are fighters that able to navigate what the dominate culture expects of a from minority or someone who is "different." Keep in mind this is coming is from a white middle class man. From an ethnocentric viewpoint the fighter must "know his place." If a fighter does not fit into that norm, the masses seem to align against him.
                  White Americans are the biggest fudge packers on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                    White Americans are the biggest fudge packers on the planet.

Regardless of your views on white Americans... it was a general statement about the transcendence of race and nationalism. For example, Pac might be a crossover fighter to a Mexican because he typically is willing to go to war even if it results in a failed game plan. Really, race/nationality are interchangeable. However, if you just wanted to get your view on white Americans on the post... then disregard my post.

Comment

Working...
                    X