No announcement yet.

This is why I love Bob Arum. He makes fights happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I love Bob Arum. He makes fights happen

Bob said that lopez lomachenko can happen in 2019. If Lopez was in PBC, he'd be fighting bums for the next 5 years. Bob don't give a ****. Give the fans what they want to see.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...akeover-begins

"Sure," Arum said. "They have to decide whether he is going to fight at 135 or fight at 140. If he fights at 140, (a fight) against Jose Ramirez could be a major, major fight. If he stays at 135, then I'd like him to fight (Jose) Pedraza and if he's good with Pedraza, then fight Lomachenko. All in this year, or the beginning of next year."

I'm going to be honest I didn't even read the post, I came in here because the title of this thread has me dying LMAO

Comment

Arum handles his prospects pretty well. Once you reach star level, he becomes a hindrance though.

Comment

You mean he talks about a lot making fights. He damn sure didn't make Mikey vs Loma or Pac vs Crawford. Always got the feeling Arum values winning the public relations battle over making fights

Comment

You are giving Bob credit for fights that haven't been made yet while lying about what prospects would do at PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            Bob said that lopez lomachenko can happen in 2019. If Lopez was in PBC, he'd be fighting bums for the next 5 years. Bob don't give a ****. Give the fans what they want to see.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...akeover-begins

"Sure," Arum said. "They have to decide whether he is going to fight at 135 or fight at 140. If he fights at 140, (a fight) against Jose Ramirez could be a major, major fight. If he stays at 135, then I'd like him to fight (Jose) Pedraza and if he's good with Pedraza, then fight Lomachenko. All in this year, or the beginning of next year."
            Shilling for Top Rank just to hate on PBC could go both ways. So it's been exactly 2 years since Davis KO'd Pedraza, the Puerto Rican who went 12 with Lomachenko, with Arum stating variable to POSSIBLY make the fights in 2019.

Possibilities and hopefulness, not official, to say one loves Arum for theoretical matchups, yet PBC has "bum" matchups.

You're not a fan of boxing, just the toy figurines. Pacquiao doing great things on PBC. Tevin Farmer chose DAZN the same Crawford renewed with Top Rank, in making fights harder to make with Davis or Errol Spence Jr.

Comment

Working...
            X