No announcement yet.

The earthquake enthusiast lang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    I was actually KTFO during the earthquake when the A's and Giant's were playing in the World Series. Was playing hand egg at the school I went to elementary at. Snot bubbles and all.

My cousin Mike woke me up. "Hey. Fag face. A earthquake happened, and we got to go to grandma's to watch the baseball game."

Good times.

Comment

I was actually KTFO during the earthquake when the A's and Giant's were playing in the World Series. Was playing hand egg at the school I went to elementary at. Snot bubbles and all.

My cousin Mike woke me up. "Hey. Fag face. A earthquake happened, and we got to go to grandma's to watch the baseball game."

Good times.
      A's sweep

Comment

Good times.
        Good guy.

Comment

Sweet Pea 50 quoted 3 times in a row. The guy is a legend.

Comment

Earthquake enthusiast?

Comment

Another day, another earthquake.

Honestly, I was in my office when the big one hit a year and a half ago. I didn't even really budge too much; I waited it out and went back to work, as I had a deadline I was working toward. I didn't even know it was such a big deal, until I got home hours later, and read all the news, and saw some of the video footage. And, I was in Tokyo at the time mind you--not in the disaster zone, but we still had a lot of impact, such as the stores selling out of all liquids within a couple hours for instance. And we did feel it pretty well, and there was some damage in Tokyo, though only a couple deaths.

For about a year after that, earthquakes happened all the time. With a large earthquake like that (it was 9.0 on the richter scale), it sets off a lot of other stress points, which also go off. They have become less now, but following the big one, there were earthquakes all the time, and they are still happening now. One just happened 5 minutes ago. In fact, now they startle me a bit. You feel it coming on, and then it hits, and then you ride it out a bit.

But, for the first year after the disaster, they were a regular occurrence. What is one to do? Run scared under his desk every time a tremor hits? Or act like it is a carnival ride and become an earthquake enthusiast?

To be honest, after 4 or 5 months when the earthquakes sort of tapered off a little, I felt kinda disappointed, as I had sort of gotten use to them.
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Also, when I first came to Japan, I asked one of my first, and to this day one of my best friends, what to do in case of an earthquake. He said, "I think it is basically just a case of who is lucky and who is not."

I think he is pretty much spot on.

Comment

Think there just an eartgquake here about 10 min ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    Also, when I first came to Japan, I asked one of my first, and to this day one of my best friends, what to do in case of an earthquake. He said, "I think it is basically just a case of who is lucky and who is not."

I think he is pretty much spot on.
                    Japan get's so many, it is hard imagine but I bet you could get used to them.

This is a good site to keep up to date with earthquakes.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/
                    Last edited by TBear; 08-29-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

yeah, lots of earthquakes recently in so call. its like a alarm clock nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                      X