No announcement yet.

Knee Injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Injuries

I've had a nagging knee injury for about 6 months. It feels like the knee is bruised inside, specifically the portion where the lower leg bone connects to the rest of the knee. The injury feels pretty deep when I stretch my leg out. I've tried resting it, and it didn't do anything. Then, I took the opposite approach, and have tried to see if working out would fix it--nope.

Have any of you experienced something like this? Is my only choice to go to a doctor and take some sort of medical steroid?

What physical activity do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
      What physical activity do you do?
      Right now I've been working out regularly, hitting the bag, running, situps. What I think caused the injury is that I probably stretched my leg too far or something, unrelated to exercise. But neither resting nor working out have fixed it.

Comment

Have you tried stretching or at least wear knee brace?

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          Have you tried stretching or at least wear knee brace?
          I think stretching caused it, so I try to avoid doing so. I'm not sure if a knee brace would help; I haven't tried that, but I suppose if a doctor recommended it, I might give it a shot. For some reason, I have a feeling this thing is gonna require some sort of steroid. I rather not spend 4 hours in a waiting room, picking up some flu, but I may not have a choice lol.

Comment

There's a LOT of things that can go on with the knee. Mine were bad for years, especially when running and hitting the bag and then I found a way to fix my issue. Muscle imbalances are a common thing that most people don't know about. Apparently, my hamstrings were weak, causing my knees to suffer because they were getting too much of the workload. I started doing bridges and different hamstring exercises, and placing my weight more evenly across the foot when exercising. Years of knee pain stopped in a few weeks.

Comment

Stop running for now. Swimming or cycling would be less impact.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME OVER View Post
                Stop running for now. Swimming or cycling would be less impact.
                I'm looking into cycling; I may try that soon.

I've tried to ignore the issue, but after a while the constant ache is a bit exasperating

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
                  I'm looking into cycling; I may try that soon.

I've tried to ignore the issue, but after a while the constant ache is a bit exasperating

I skate; it’s got the same kind of cardio benefit as running with 50% less impact and uses more different muscles than running or cycling.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    There's a LOT of things that can go on with the knee. Mine were bad for years, especially when running and hitting the bag and then I found a way to fix my issue. Muscle imbalances are a common thing that most people don't know about. Apparently, my hamstrings were weak, causing my knees to suffer because they were getting too much of the workload. I started doing bridges and different hamstring exercises, and placing my weight more evenly across the foot when exercising. Years of knee pain stopped in a few weeks.
                    That's why I switched back to working out, instead of rest. I read somewhere that inactivity weakens the muscles around the knee and can lead to that sort of nagging injury, because basically the knee goes all over the place when it stretches or something. I did spend quite a few months inactive after the whole teaching thing went south again. It might've come back to bite me this time.

So far, I've lost 30 pounds; I'm not looking to go back to resting, but I may adapt by adding cycling in the future. If nothing else works, steroids it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X