Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Teases MMA Debut, Will Start Training With Woodley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if floyd beats conor in mma, say good bye to mma forever! it will put boxing back on the map and probably all mma fans will switch to boxing.. i was a huge boxing fan, then lost interest in boxing and became a huge mma fan. However, now mma sucks and ive switched back to boxing. i reckon the rest of mma fans will switch as well.

Comment

• Floyd would make a huge money again but get some brain damage also. McGregor murders him if they fight by mma rules.

Floyd is old man, he is not even elite boxer anymore and no way he can be elite mma fighter. McGregor is elite mma ( ufc ) fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        It won't happen, but in saying it might take him up to 8 months he has ensured that his name/brand stays relevant and makes headlines for at least another 8 months.

Smart businessman doing what he has to do to make more money. Some people will follow him for an entire 8 months expecting him to actually fight and I don't think he will,
        he's too old now and his striking is infinitely less effective in MMA because you don't have the same defensive skills when looking for kicks, takedowns and elbows etc.

Plus the referee doesn't stop the fight when you turn your back or duck down and reset the fight

yep ^^

Comment

• if this does happen, it will not be MMA

it will be a watered-down version, a circus fight

something like....

* in an octagon
          * 4oz MMA gloves
          * FULL striking - elbows, knees, etc
          * NO kicking
          * NO takedowns

Floyd rules

with no kicking/takedowns, the distance remains the same as boxing..... so, Floyd wins

Comment

• If i could make 200 million dollars fighting nobodies with no skills in MMA and just stepping stones people use to build their records and i could train in a different contract sport that uses Boxing as one of it's major offensive elements and just trying and learning a knew type of sport to see how good i could be, while being retired and just starting a knew hobby and make 200 million and keep in shape, hell i would in a heart beat and everyone on this board would, if the UFC would pay you to train MMA and fight a couple of nobodies for huge amounts of money, you would be a fool not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              such a sad old man hes not short of a few quid, the only reason hes doing it is to get some attention. and you all laughed at me when i said that mcgregor wouldnt be his last fight. dont be shocked if mayweather does a roy jones and keeps on fighting, hes got nothing else in his life.
              It is sad. He really gets jealous that boxing is alive after him. Amazing fighter, small mind.

Hope you find happiness in more than martial arts, Floyd

Comment

• If Floyd thinks, he is still something, go fight any top 10 boxer from 147 -160 divisions.

Comment

Working...
                X