Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez vs Golovkin - Latest Size Comparison!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin is a bit taller than the pictures suggest, he has a hunched back in almost every picture he poses for.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Funny you mention distorted cuz I've always felt ggg has such an odd body posture sorta lik a bigger vic Darchinyan.
      Nothing compared to this:

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

Canelo is 5'7" so Golovkin must be 5'8"-5'9" tops. I hate how they try and boost fighters heights by 3 inches sometimes.

Comment

That boy don't look like no "Lil'G" in these pics, fraudin ass *****.

Comment

So is Rubio 5'10 or 5'11 and a half? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
              Canelo is 5'7" so Golovkin must be 5'8"-5'9" tops. I hate how they try and boost fighters heights by 3 inches sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Of course GGG can hit hard. Strong legs help, but you punch with your arms, not your legs. Power comes mainly from the speed of the punch and turning your weight into the blow. Fast arms and strong shoulders help punching power more than big legs and GGG's legs are big enough. GGG and Canelo are about the same size and both weigh about 170 pounds on fight night on average.
                Power is often a combination of actions which said fighter achieves through his early learning and natural attributes. It can be improved, sometimes dramatically by technical improvements, sometimes physical changes can add to it.

But what you are saying is somewhat incorrect because fighters develop power in different ways, there are fighters for example who have little torque on their punches but have debilitating power, you will find these types of fighters often have a higher than normal bone density, the term for this is 'heavy hands'.

If I look at GGG, firstly it is obvious he has heavy hands, second in my opinion he gets a lot of his power from his back, which is hugely important in boxing. Your back is much more important than shoulders because it is used heavily in every single punch, but as I said earlier its the sum of parts. Golovkin has a back like a mini Rocky Marciano, that to me what stands out about him physically and if you were going to highlight one physical part that would be it with him.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Power is often a combination of actions which said fighter achieves through his early learning and natural attributes. It can be improved, sometimes dramatically by technical improvements, sometimes physical changes can add to it.

But what you are saying is somewhat incorrect because fighters develop power in different ways, there are fighters for example who have little torque on their punches but have debilitating power, you will find these types of fighters often have a higher than normal bone density, the term for this is 'heavy hands'.

If I look at GGG, firstly it is obvious he has heavy hands, second in my opinion he gets a lot of his power from his back, which is hugely important in boxing. Your back is much more important than shoulders because it is used heavily in every single punch, but as I said earlier its the sum of parts. Golovkin has a back like a mini Rocky Marciano, that to me what stands out about him physically and if you were going to highlight one physical part that would be it with him.
                  Golovkin knows how to set his shots. He has mastered timing on when to throw a jab, and with the amount of experience he has when throwing it is explosive. However, good defensive fighters can neutralize that. In fact, good Southpaws could easily counter with a menacing right cross with Golovkin's jab gameplan. One guy who could do nice of work of Golovkin's jab is Lara. That's why his team doesn't fancy Southpaw competition.

The fights with Lee or Korobov should've already happened. Of course they use the excuse that Golovkin's dad passed...and elluding the fact that Lee became a WBO champ later, they pursued it, nor did Loeffler ever mention Lee vs Golovkin's original bout falling out. Lee vs Golovkin was a possibility, but dummies like Fat Dan wrote about it as if the fight would've actually happened. all fake publicity, nor will you find original dialogue from Lee himself about that fight having falled out... nobody ever mentions it...

Leg's are a big attribute to power. Tyson and Pac were significant fighters that used their bang from the energy from their legs. momentum is an asset when driving power from any part of the body. Alvarez is a stocky dude, a bigger version of Stevens. Alvarez vs Golovkin will be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

In my opinion power is basically all in the shoulder. Heavy hands is basically just being really strong, not bone density. You can have good technique, but if you can't snap your shoulder your punch will be a push, if you snap it adds considerable power to a punch, thus you can get guys with tremendous power just from shoulder punches. I'm not sure it's big back neither, it might just be over-development of the anterior which gives guys like Kovalev(and maybe Golovkin, I'd have to google for pics) the illusion of massive backs when it could just be a curved back from pronated shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                    X