Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Wanted One-Way Rematch Clause, to Pick Officials

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    It’s nkt about believing Hearn, it’s about what he says on camera. Once he puts that in a public domain he can be called out on it simple. With the WBA thing of course he put them up to it. Every team does it as we saw recently with Wilder and Whyte.
    There's been a lot of speculation that Hearn had the WBA issue that statement to help him back out of the fight. That's possible. But Hearn mislead everyone about what the WBA's statement actually meant, so I'm willing to consider the possibility the WBA's timing was a coincidence. Because what the WBA declared had zero impact on whether Hearn could do the Wilder fight next. He blatantly hit behind a deadline that was completely meaningless.

As for Wilder and Whyte, the UK fans were extremely mislead about that situation. Hearn lied on IFL for months and months about Whyte's WBC position. I corrected him on this site over and over. The WBC didn't bend any rules for Haymon in that situation. It's just that Haymon exploited the rules brilliantly.

Does that mean I don’t see through that BS of course I do, but like I said before Shelly is not new to the game. So either he is every naive and he allowed Hearn to pull a fast one in him or he and Eddie are working together.
    But that's precisely the thing dude. Shelly didn't let Hearn pull a fast one. He refused to let Wilder sign without the fight being guaranteed next in the contract. Hearn was trying to pull a fast one and Shelly stopped it.

Personally I don’t think Shelly was that naive, I think he and Eddie worked together to maximise this potential fight, that’s why I don’t get the emotional posters here in regards to the fight not happening any more for now.
    Their interests don't align at all. It's very unlikely they're working in concert. AJ likely goes DAZN exclusive and the chances of the fight happening greatly diminish.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      There's been a lot of speculation that Hearn had the WBA issue that statement to help him back out of the fight. That's possible. But Hearn mislead everyone about what the WBA's statement actually meant, so I'm willing to consider the possibility the WBA's timing was a coincidence. Because what the WBA declared had zero impact on whether Hearn could do the Wilder fight next. He blatantly hit behind a deadline that was completely meaningless.

As for Wilder and Whyte, the UK fans were extremely mislead about that situation. Hearn lied on IFL for months and months about Whyte's WBC position. I corrected him on this site over and over. The WBC didn't bend any rules for Haymon in that situation. It's just that Haymon exploited the rules brilliantly.

But that's precisely the thing dude. Shelly didn't let Hearn pull a fast one. He refused to let Wilder sign without the fight being guaranteed next in the contract. Hearn was trying to pull a fast one and Shelly stopped it.

Their interests don't align at all. It's very unlikely they're working in concert. AJ likely goes DAZN exclusive and the chances of the fight happening greatly diminish.
      That isnt speculation, the WBA did help hearn out period! I can seperate what i see and read between the lines. But all the organisation does it. I don't care what you say or think about hearn the WBC saga with Whyte is dodgy too.

Their interests is definitely aligned! They are in it to make money thats their sole motivation. So Shelly stopped the fight from happening? ok mate...

Comment

That isnt speculation, the WBA did help hearn out period! I can seperate what i see and read between the lines. But all the organisation does it. I don't care what you say or think about hearn the WBC saga with Whyte is dodgy too.
        What was dodgy? Whyte wanted to be mandatory. You become mandatory typically be winning a final eliminator. They offered him a final eliminator. he turned it down. What's dodgy about that?

Their interests is definitely aligned! They are in it to make money thats their sole motivation. So Shelly stopped the fight from happening? ok mate...
        It never occurs to you to stop for a second and consider the possibility that this business is far more complicated than you realize? And that with zero education, experience or insight, you might misinterpret the actions of others since you don't know how their industry operates?

Making money off one particular fight or fighter isn't Hearn's motivation at all. AJ getting knocked out by Wilder would be so devastating to Hearn's business that you can't really put a price tag on the damage it would do.

Hearn is trying to build DAZN in the states. Hearn is trying to maintain his stranglehold of the UK. There is zero motivation for him to rush into a Wilder fight, even if it's the most lucrative fight. Hearn is playing chess. He's not going to be a sucker for a few million here or there. He has much more important things to focus on.

Finkel is semi-retired and what's best for Wilder is what's best for Finkel. What's best for AJ isn't what's best for Hearn. So it's very difficult for Finkel & Hearn's interests to align. They have completely different goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          What was dodgy? Whyte wanted to be mandatory. You become mandatory typically be winning a final eliminator. They offered him a final eliminator. he turned it down. What's dodgy about that?

It never occurs to you to stop for a second and consider the possibility that this business is far more complicated than you realize? And that with zero education, experience or insight, you might misinterpret the actions of others since you don't know how their industry operates?

Making money off one particular fight or fighter isn't Hearn's motivation at all. AJ getting knocked out by Wilder would be so devastating to Hearn's business that you can't really put a price tag on the damage it would do.

Hearn is trying to build DAZN in the states. Hearn is trying to maintain his stranglehold of the UK. There is zero motivation for him to rush into a Wilder fight, even if it's the most lucrative fight. Hearn is playing chess. He's not going to be a sucker for a few million here or there. He has much more important things to focus on.

Finkel is semi-retired and what's best for Wilder is what's best for Finkel. What's best for AJ isn't what's best for Hearn. So it's very difficult for Finkel & Hearn's interests to align. They have completely different goals.
          Am not going to go into another long drawn out post/rant about the dodgy activity of the WBC in regards to the Wilder/Whyte saga. I call it like i see it, just like i call BS with the WBA annoucing their deadline.

And finally you are basically telling me Shelly is naive and inexperienced and Hearn is smarter than him. Cool, lets see how smart and naive both are again after their respective fights.

Comment

Am not going to go into another long drawn out post/rant about the dodgy activity of the WBC in regards to the Wilder/Whyte saga. I call it like i see it, just like i call BS with the WBA annoucing their deadline.
            There wasn't any dodgy activity, which is why you can't list any. You spent months believing Hearn on IFL that Whyte was in line to be mandatory. And every time he went on IFL, here I was on boxingscene pointing out that Whyte still needed to fight a final eliminator. The rules are pretty clear. Do you really think Hearn would have been so desperate to try to make Wilder vs Whyte as a voluntary if he really believed Whyte was about to be mandatory? Use some common sense. Of course Hearn realized Whyte would need a final eliminator, so he was trying to avoid that by getting the fight as a voluntary.

And finally you are basically telling me Shelly is naive and inexperienced and Hearn is smarter than him. Cool, lets see how smart and naive both are again after their respective fights.
            Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Are you sure you're reading the words I'm writing? Hearn's agenda is to do what is best for Matchroom. What is best for Matchroom isn't necessarily what is best for AJ.

Finkel isn't worried about using Wilder as leverage for his stable. He's practically out of the game other than a few guys. Finkel gets paid a percentage of Wilder's purse. He benefits from Wilder having a big cash out fight.

Hearn doesn't benefit from AJ having a big cash out fight. So how could Hearn & Finkel be secretly delaying the fight as a ruse to build the fight? Their goals are completely different. If AJ takes the 50 million, Hearn gets 10 million. But AJ losing does way more than 10 million in damage to Matchroom. It probably does over a hundred million in damage to Matchroom if AJ is knocked out by Wilder.

The side that benefits the most from the fight wants the fight. The side that benefits the least and is taking the biggest risk doesn't want the fight. Common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              How it was communicated doesn't matter unless it was on the agreement. And it wasn't. That's all that matters.

But that's only one part of the issue. This goes back months now.

When Wilder first called Joshua out...Hearn told him to fight Whyte first but wouldn't guarantee Joshua after.

When Wilder was supposed to be ringside, they didn't want him in the ring, made a fuss about it and then did a 360 when it all came out.

Then when they are supposed to negotiate in earnest...he refuses a split and offers a flat fee.

Then when Joshua gets his dream offer, he says Joshua would rather take $10-15 million less to fight in the UK.

So what does Hearn do? Offer another *****ty flat fee offer.

When Wilder accepts...he pretends they've been MIA for four weeks (even though he is on video 10 days before talking about how Barry met with Finkel and saying they talk almost every day). Oh, and in that same video, he says Povetkin is next (this was weeks ago).

So he uses a fake excuse to pretend they may not be able to get a venue. Then he sends a contract with no date or venue. And then he says he "told" them as if a bout agreement is done through word of mouth.

But guess what? That didn't stop Wilder. He said ***** it, we'll have it over to you by the end of the week. Now they were supposed to be prophets and moved quicker because they were supposed to know the WBA would come up with some BS that Hearn clearly drafted for them.

The whole thing is beyond bull*****. Beyond ludicrous. I'm not even mad about it. It's almost funny at this point.
              Exactly! I don't see how there's any way to twist the facts.

Comment

So this doesn't make sense. They're in it to make money, but Hearn forced WBA to take a fight that's less lucrative for both matchroom, AJ and the WBA.

Comment

I choose to believe no side. Once Shelly dispute some of the thing said on camera by Hearn then we can see who is telling the truth. Hearn is once again on camera regarding April 2019, let’s see how that plays out.
                  April 2019 is out. Pretty disgusting he’s offering that, actually.

And what Hearn said has been refuted by Espinoza. Since he never said the date and venue was on the contract, there is no way nor need to refute it.
                  Last edited by IMDAZED; 07-03-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    So this doesn't make sense. They're in it to make money, but Hearn forced WBA to take a fight that's less lucrative for both matchroom, AJ and the WBA.
                    They would still end up making loads of money once the fight has been maximise next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      April 2019 is out. Pretty disgusting he’s offering that, actually.

And what Hearn said has been refuted by Espinoza. Since he never said the date and venue was on the contract, there is no way nor need to refute it.
                      Then we shall see. If there is no April 2019 then we have no fight. Am not going to blame Team Joshua for that. Espinoza isn't part of Wilder team so i wouldn't really put too much into what he refutes. I would actually use someone like Adam smith (sky sport) as a reference point than Espinoza.

Comment

Working...
                      X