No announcement yet.

Fighter of the Year Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    Loma if he wins in impressive fashion if not golovkin cause of his monster resume this year
    List your top 3 in order of preference as first, second and third place votes all count.

Comment

I'd put Crawford first before anyone else (even after Loma fights). AJ was in an instant classic fight and drew 90,000 people so that alone earns him a spot, but let's be real...number 1? Fury climbed that mountain already and didn't get as much praise as AJ gets. In fact, Fury was met with stone cold silence by the gypsy-hating Brits. Sor has a strong case too.

He removed all doubts from the first fight with an impressive win against someone that was practically worshipped on here.

Comment

See what I'm sayin'?...shameless.

Originally posted by Me
        Typical...lol...a nationalistic fan from a country that has less talented/limited fighters starts a thread trying to sway people and garner SOME kind of award...

"PLEASE vote for one of our fights as FOTY! Throw us a bone!!"

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          I'd put Crawford first before anyone else (even after Loma fights). AJ was in an instant classic fight and drew 90,000 people so that alone earns him a spot, but let's be real...number 1? Fury climbed that mountain already and didn't get as much praise as AJ gets. In fact, Fury was met with stone cold silence by the gypsy-hating Brits. Sor has a strong case too.

He removed all doubts from the first fight with an impressive win against someone that was practically worshipped on here.
          So

1. Crawford
          2. AJ
          3. Sor?

Also, Fury clinched a win in a fight where more time was spent posing then punching. AJ fought a more motivated, hungry, devastating version of Wlad...and won.

Add to that Fury did win several FOTY awards and was roundly featured on sky and the bbc...only to shoot himself in the foot with his antics.

Comment

whether you like it or not so far is bud crawford

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
              Actually you do need to EXPLAIN and JUSTIFY that one!

Joshua beats a 41 year old Heavyweight coming off an 18 month lay off and a Heavy Defeat to his previous opponent and Also beating a Fringe Heavyweight Contender by a controversial Stoppage does not make you a CLEAR NUMBER 1 FIGHTER OF THE YEAR.
              Hey, I don’t know where your from but where I’m from when some one says “no reason for explanation” you just say alright and automatically accept it.

Try it. Late for work tell the boss “no reason for an explanation”

When the wife says where were you last night. Why didn’t you come home...BOOM “Honey, there’s no reason for an explanation.”

It works EVERYTIME for anything and no one ever questions. Watch...

“Connor mcGregor should be prospect of the year. No reason to explain of course.”

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                whether you like it or not so far is bud crawford
                wins over diaz and indongo (the manner of this one was very impressive) equate to being better than beating an atg in wlad?

I dont think so.

Comment

1) Terence Crawford- Shut out top ten 140lber Felix Diaz then annihilated undefeated, unified champion Julius Indongo to become undisputed champ

2) Mikey Garcia-KTFO Undefeated champion in possible KO of the year, then shut out top ten 140lber Adrien Broner in a high profile fight

3) Sor Rungsivai- Beat the Undefeated champ, P4P #1 Chocolatito in back to back fights. Beat him up, remove all doubts in rematch

Comment

Crawford made History I lean towards him so far! AJ also officially became a Superstar this year in a Classic Fight of the year type of fight so yes he is a serious candidate but the Takam fight wasn't a good one for him so that might have taken him out of it
                    Last edited by sicko; 11-13-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Terence Crawford
                      Andre Ward
                      Errol Spence

Comment

Working...
                      X