Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins. "Money" Mayweather. RIGHT NOW: who has the better resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Wadd View Post
    dlh was very undersized, the gap in weight on fight night was probably even more than floyd-jmm.
    Hopkins went down in weight for that fight FYI, weighed 156. (Massively weight drained according to some people's logic).

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Hopkins went down in weight for that fight FYI, weighed 156. (Massively weight drained according to some people's logic).
      I know it's terrible but I can't help but laugh when I see your avi.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I know it's terrible but I can't help but laugh when I see your avi.

It's like he's trying really hard to read my posts

Comment

It's like he's trying really hard to read my posts

Comment

It's close but I say Mayweather.

Genaro Hernandez
            Angel Manfredy
            Diego Corrales
            Jesus Chavez
            Carlos Hernandez
            Jose Luis Castillo
            DeMarcus Corley
            Arturo Gatti
            Zab Judah
            Carlos Baldomir
            Oscar De La Hoya
            Ricky Hatton
            Juan Manuel Marquez
            Shane Mosley
            Victor Ortiz
            Miguel Cotto
            Robert Guerrero
            Canelo Alvarez

Hopkins has a deep resume when looking at any legit/decent to great wins too though.

Segundo Mercado
            John David Jackson
            Glen Johnson
            Robert Allen
            Keith Holmes
            Felix Trinidad
            Carl Daniels
            William Joppy
            Oscar De La Hoya
            Howard Eastman
            Antonio Tarver
            Winky Wright
            Kelly Pavlik
            Jean Pascal

I only give Floyd a little bit of credit for Marquez now, given what Marquez ended up showing he's capable of at WW. Wright, Pavlik, Osca for Hopkins were all small guys moving up pretty significantly in weight to fight him, and never really ended up proving anything at those weights either. So I don't know how much credit should be given for those fights aside from a little bit. Probably more so for Oscar given the weight was like 156-157 or somewhere around there.

Hopkisn beat a ton of top rated contenders, just like Floyd did. Hopkins wins over Trinidad and Tarver were really good. Floyd's got big wins too. Corrales, Castillo, Mosley were all big wins at those times, and we don't really know what Canelo will end up being. Could end up looking even better in the end depending on how good Canelo winds up.

I just think Floyd consistently fought top ranked guys, but I mean from 1994-2011 Hopkins did his thing. He hasn't really gotten a good win since Pascal though IMO. Stevenson would easily be his biggest win since probably Tarver.

They're both ATG's in the Top 30 or so. I mean where ever you have them, they're right next to each other IMO.

Comment

The poll is to be expected.

As bad as some of these clowns hate Hopkins on here.......the hate is 10x as strong for Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                The poll is to be expected.

As bad as some of these clowns hate Hopkins on here.......the hate is 10x as strong for Mayweather.
                Very true. Good posts man. Keeping it objective.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Very true. Good posts man. Keeping it objective.
                  I know you're a big Maidana fan. It's sad to see everyone hating on Maidana just because he's fighting Floyd. If Maidana was fighting Thurman next, or Porter, he wouldn't be getting called a bum. He'd be getting called a dangerous fighter that looks a lot better with Robert Garcia then he did prior to them working together.

It's like the anti-Flody threads are out the ass on here lately. But it's to be expected with a Mayweather fight coming up I guess. I'm not a Maidana fan, but even I see it's bull that people are calling him a bum with no shot. He's a good fight for ANYONE.....ANYONE from 140-147 right now. But because it's Mayweather, everyone changes tune on him.

Comment

imho, fraud jr holds the weakest resume in the current P4P list. his mediocre resume was the result of careful and well planned cherry picking of opponents.
                    Last edited by Kuyukut; 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I remember him saying he wanted to be "light in the ass" lol

The weigh in was real electric. He still rehydrated quite a bit. I believe lampley said during the fight that he was 169.

Comment

Working...
                      X