Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mikey/Loma fight @ 135/140, Mikey's hurting, and beating him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawn. Bookmarked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I like Linares but I don't think so. We'll see hopefully.
      Look at my sig, my man. You see how slender Loma is? Linares is a good deal bigger than him, and has wicked speed, and combos, and a technical beast himself.

And as technically brilliant as Loma is, he just doesn't hit hard, almost at all. I swear, it looks like some of the softest yet effective punches from an elite P4P fighter. And I'm not using hyperbole. The guy flat out looks ineffective with his punching power, but he's so damn pesky, and all over the place that getting hit sucks either way, and you just don't want anymore.

His power is really lacking, IMO, and I can definitely see him having match up problems, because of that.

Comment

Lomas too good.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
          Look at my sig, my man. You see how slender Loma is? Linares is a good deal bigger than him, and has wicked speed, and combos, and a technical beast himself.

And as technically brilliant as Loma is, he just doesn't hit hard, almost at all. I swear, it looks like some of the softest yet effective punches from an elite P4P fighter. And I'm not using hyperbole. The guy flat out looks ineffective with his punching power, but he's so damn pesky, and all over the place that getting hit sucks either way, and you just don't want anymore.

His power is really lacking, IMO, and I can definitely see him having match up problems, because of that.
          I'm iffy about Loma being good enough to beat Mikey but I'd put hard earned cash on him beating Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I'm iffy about Loma being good enough to beat Mikey but I'd put hard earned cash on him beating Linares.
            You could be right about that. I sure wouldn't bet against Loma in that one.

Still give Linares a good chance, because of his size.

Comment

I saw a ton of, "Loma will embarrass/kill/dominate Mikey" threads after the Rigo fight, and seriously shook my head. You Loma fans that think he's gonna beat, and embarrass MIkey are flat out boxing ignorant, and DKSAB.

If the fight gets made at 135/140, Mikey's gonna meet him with every punch, and check his jaw, and drop him a few times, and possibly finish him. Mikey's not the typical Mexican boxer/puncher like Canelo/Marquez, etc. The guy has severely underrated foot movement, and most importantly, foot SPEED.

Loma's not gonna be able to razzle dazzle him, and have him cautious to throw his power, and Mikey can just as easily counter him, but with severe power that can KO Loma at any time. Loma's just not built for a guy like Mikey, and I almost guarantee Mikey takes him out, and beats him.

IMO, Mikey and Terence are the 2 best fighters of this generation since Manny/Floyd/Ward left, and they have a real chance to finish their careers undefeated. Loma's right up there with them, but Mikey and TC are a different breed of savages.
              First off I ain’t one of these unrealistic Loma fanboys that think he’s the GOAT or can go up to 147 and school Crawford etc etc.
              But, I do agree he’s the the #1 fighter in the world today, and I’m also convinced he beats Mikey. I like Garcia, he’s a very good fighter and he’d always be a live dog against Loma because of his power and physical strength. Your argument for Mikey is very flawed. Firstly the size element, Mikey is listed at 5”6, Loma is 5”7, their wingspan is also virtually the same. Mikey is naturally the heavier person in terms of weight but there is not that massive of a disparity in terms of size.
              Secondly, you talk of Mikey’s undrrated fast footwork, he has decent and textbook footwork but his footwork isn’t necessarily fast and Lomas speed of foot is levels above Mikey’s. Mikey also likes to set/plant his feet in order to throw his power punches, he also doesn’t look comfortable moving on the backfoot or moving backwards to evade punches. Loma is fantastic at judging distance and moving in and out with his footwork, this would allow him to comfortably outpoint Mikey IMO. Loma is all wrong for Mikey stylistically.
              Mikey has great timing and legit power so would have the chance to catch Loma coming in, however I feel Loma is too intelligent a fighter and also has good enough reflexes and speed to make this highly unlikely. I got Loma by a wide UD. It’s a great fight though. I doubt it happens soon but I hope it happens at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                First off I ain’t one of these unrealistic Loma fanboys that think he’s the GOAT or can go up to 147 and school Crawford etc etc.
                But, I do agree he’s the the #1 fighter in the world today, and I’m also convinced he beats Mikey. I like Garcia, he’s a very good fighter and he’d always be a live dog against Loma because of his power and physical strength. Your argument for Mikey is very flawed. Firstly the size element, Mikey is listed at 5”6, Loma is 5”7, their wingspan is also virtually the same. Mikey is naturally the heavier person in terms of weight but there is not that massive of a disparity in terms of size.
                Secondly, you talk of Mikey’s undrrated fast footwork, he has decent and textbook footwork but his footwork isn’t necessarily fast and Lomas speed of foot is levels above Mikey’s. Mikey also likes to set/plant his feet in order to throw his power punches, he also doesn’t look comfortable moving on the backfoot or moving backwards to evade punches. Loma is fantastic at judging distance and moving in and out with his footwork, this would allow him to comfortably outpoint Mikey IMO. Loma is all wrong for Mikey stylistically.
                Mikey has great timing and legit power so would have the chance to catch Loma coming in, however I feel Loma is too intelligent a fighter and also has good enough reflexes and speed to make this highly unlikely. I got Loma by a wide UD. It’s a great fight though. I doubt it happens soon but I hope it happens at some point.
                Man, you couldn't be more wrong. Actually watch Mikey. His foot movement is terrific, and one of his most underrated assets. Also, he moves with his punches as well as anyone, and just like a slickster. People just don't see that, and always forget that.

And I give Mikey the edge because of the size, and power advantage, and because of the fact that you're so wrong about Loma being leagues above Mikey in the footwork/foot speed department.

Watch the Broner fight. A textbook, classic, boxer/puncher type wouldn't have had as much success landing like Mikey did, because while they could be more skilled than Broner, Broner had his dancing shoes on that night, and wasn't tryna be in a war.

Mikey, and TC are the absolute best fighters in boxing right now, and GGG is up there as well. Loma's a fuggin monster, but not like Mikey.

Comment

The wonderful thing about boxing....we get to find that out IN THE RING. Let's make it happen in 2018, it's what makes this sport great.

Comment

Man, you couldn't be more wrong. Actually watch Mikey. His foot movement is terrific, and one of his most underrated assets. Also, he moves with his punches as well as anyone, and just like a slickster. People just don't see that, and always forget that.

And I give Mikey the edge because of the size, and power advantage, and because of the fact that you're so wrong about Loma being leagues above Mikey in the footwork/foot speed department.

Watch the Broner fight. A textbook, classic, boxer/puncher type wouldn't have had as much success landing like Mikey did, because while they could be more skilled than Broner, Broner had his dancing shoes on that night, and wasn't tryna be in a war.

Mikey, and TC are the absolute best fighters in boxing right now, and GGG is up there as well. Loma's a fuggin monster, but not like Mikey.
                    Broner ain’t a mover though he’s a flat footed guy who looked uncomfortable trying to move laterally vs Garcia.
                    Mikey’s great coming forward but isn’t confortable when his feet aren’t set or on the back foot. I remember noticing this in the Burgos fight and especially the Cornelius Lock fight.
                    I really don’t think he has that level of footwork. I ain’t tryna say he’s a plodder or nothing cause he clearly ain’t but Loma’s feet are waaay faster. Loma has the best footwork in the game IMO, as I said I think it’s a terrible style matchup for Mikey.
                    Regardless, this is a great fight, I hope it happens sooner rather than later

Comment

I saw a ton of, "Loma will embarrass/kill/dominate Mikey" threads after the Rigo fight, and seriously shook my head. You Loma fans that think he's gonna beat, and embarrass MIkey are flat out boxing ignorant, and DKSAB.

If the fight gets made at 135/140, Mikey's gonna meet him with every punch, and check his jaw, and drop him a few times, and possibly finish him. Mikey's not the typical Mexican boxer/puncher like Canelo/Marquez, etc. The guy has severely underrated foot movement, and most importantly, foot SPEED.

Loma's not gonna be able to razzle dazzle him, and have him cautious to throw his power, and Mikey can just as easily counter him, but with severe power that can KO Loma at any time. Loma's just not built for a guy like Mikey, and I almost guarantee Mikey takes him out, and beats him.

IMO, Mikey and Terence are the 2 best fighters of this generation since Manny/Floyd/Ward left, and they have a real chance to finish their careers undefeated. Loma's right up there with them, but Mikey and TC are a different breed of savages.
                      They are almost identical, except Loma is sharper and a bit faster. They both seem very stiff, but I think Loma is fast af, and too confident. Mikey is slow and kind of intense in their.

Comment

Working...
                      X