No announcement yet.

Will ALVAREZ GGG = HATTON TSZYU (35)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    That's fine,,, But you can't really compare the fights and think they are going to be similar..

Way too much difference between hatton and canleo's styles
    you're focusing on the wrong dudes. I'm talking about the end result not the styles between Nelo and Hatton. Nelo is a way bette fighter than Hatton. My point is to compare Tszyu to Golovkin and the age. Tszyu could take a punch too

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      you're focusing on the wrong dudes. I'm talking about the end result not the styles between Nelo and Hatton. Nelo is a way bette fighter than Hatton. My point is to compare Tszyu to Golovkin and the age. Tszyu could take a punch too
      Golovkin has a better chin than tzysu..

Tsyzu had much more wear n tear on his body, very injury prone in the years leading up to hatton fight..

Hatton was bigger physically and bullied tszyu with rough house tactics, brutal pace, and stiff body shots..

Canelo isn't going to bully ggg or fight at that intense pace

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        TSZYU nullified JCC with the USSR Proto-Kazakhstani stylee, but at 35 was eventually stopped by Hatton...

I remember that night...it was a rough fight for both but Ricky just could not be hurt and beat the **** out of Tszyu ultimately.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          LOL. This forum is going to explode if GGG gets beat that bad. Can you imagine?

I hope it's more of a fire-fight though. I got a feeling both guys are going to be cautious and it's going to be close, controversial and tactical. Hope not.
          First this forum is going to explode in every scenario. I've already said if Canelo wins massive props and it is completely justified that those who talked massive crap against Canelo get blown up. Just like those who have talked massive crap about Golovkin.

I'm predicting GGG by 10th round TKO. If Canelo wins tip of the hat and I was wrong and definitely lighter in the pocket.

I do not believe Golovkin will let it be a tactical fight for more than a few rounds, especially if they are close rounds. He understands that if this fight is close and comes down to the judges the odds are against him. Abel has said that and he's right. If they let it be that close they have no one to blame but themselves. He has to be decisively ahead if it goes to the card. He cannot fight the way he did against Jacobs.

I think he'll come out throwing jabs and see how Canelo reacts. Is Canelo effective countering, how's he moving, what's his plan. But by round 3 at latest I think Golovkin is going to push hard on the pedal unless he is absolutely dominating Canelo with the jab. Which of course would mean Canelo would need to change his plan of attack and likely try to get in much closer. Again I just don't see this being a 12 round strategic fight. It will heat up.

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            It'll look more like Hatton-Mayweather. Golovkin getting caught and his head snapped back coming in.
            I doubt GGG will just step to Canelo. He'll be working behind that jab to set up everything else. But I could see Canelo's head being snapped back several times from those stiff jabs. Canelo will find out he's not way faster than Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
              I remember that night...it was a rough fight for both but Ricky just could not be hurt and beat the **** out of Tszyu ultimately.
              I remember that night as well. I happened to be stationed in the U.K. so it was early morning hours. Since the fight was in England, fans were holding up signs that said "It's gonna Kost ya Tszyu!" Ricky just imposed himself on Tszyu all night. Rough fight.

Comment

They are both better fighters than Hatton and well past prime Tszyu. Hatton had his own personal referee who was very much a part of team Hatton. Hatton deliberately blasted Tszyu with his Sunday punch to the balls while the ref just smiled. Tszyu was a fool to fight Hatton in England where Hatton was a God. I don't think these two fights are much alike. I believe the visiting boxer will win this time.

Comment

Kosta had already been upset by Phillips and stopped, we have not seen GGG in any kind of danger at all besides losing 4-5 rounds to Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                  X