Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury's ranking on popular sites and orgs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury's ranking on popular sites and orgs.

TBRB - #8
    Ring Magazine - #10
    ESPN - Not top 10
    WBC - #5
    WBA - Not top 15
    IBF - Not top 15
    WBO - Not top 15

He's not a top rated HW. FACT.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 08-21-2018, 06:58 PM.

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    TBRB - Not top 10
    Ring Magazine - #10
    ESPN - Not top 10
    WBC - #5
    WBA - Not top 15
    IBF - Not top 15
    WBO - Not top 15

He's not a top rated HW. FACT.
    Those will change after his recent fight. Well, I don't know about the sanctioning bodies, but Ring Magazine/ESPN will add him to the list.

WBC obviously will keep him there.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Those will change after his recent fight. Well, I don't know about the sanctioning bodies, but Ring Magazine/ESPN will add him to the list.

Maybe but he won't be high on the lists if they do. A win over Fury at this point means little. It's similar to the Bellew-Haye situation.

Comment

He should't be ranked at all. Beating two cans ranked outside the top 100 doesn't give you the right to fight for the world title in my opinion. You should have to earn it.

Comment

Pulev has a fight, Joshua and Povetkin have a fight, he already beat Ortiz.

That leaves scrubs like Miller, Whyte, Breazeale, Chisora, Parker. Sure, they may be better than Fury is now but they're still waste of time fights for Wilder. He'd knock any of those dudes out, just like he will Fury. So Wilder may as well take the fight that will raise his profile the most, the Fury fight, and use that to help leverage a Joshua fight next.

Even though I don't agree, many people consider Tyson Fury the lineal champion because they didn't take his social media retirements seriously. He's an undefeated fighter, he dethroned Wlad, he's got a fanbase.

Until the next wave of contenders is ready, in my opinion the only truly meaningful fights for Wilder would be Joshua or Pulev (or, if by some miracle Povetkin beats Joshua, then him). They're the only guys who are on par with or better than Ortiz in my opinion.

Comment

Well why would he be top rated when he was out for almost 3yrs and fought 2 nobodies since?

Comment

Maybe but he won't be high on the lists if they do. A win over Fury at this point means little. It's similar to the Bellew-Haye situation.
              Um, no. Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                He should't be ranked at all. Beating two cans ranked outside the top 100 doesn't give you the right to fight for the world title in my opinion. You should have to earn it.
                What does earn got anything to do with it? And this is a voluntary defense, not no damn mandatory defense.

Fury 2.5 years ago left as the top dog, and he is active again so he will be rightfully ranked in the top 10. No one is saying to rank him #1, because that he will have to prove again. But as for the top 10? Sure, just showing he is active gets him there as he left on top.

Comment

What does earn got anything to do with it? And this is a voluntary defense, not no damn mandatory defense.

Fury 2.5 years ago left as the top dog, and he is active again so he will be rightfully ranked in the top 10. No one is saying to rank him #1, because that he will have to prove again. But as for the top 10? Sure, just showing he is active gets him there as he left on top.
                  Obviously not or he would be top 10 on the lists now.

Comment

Obviously not or he would be top 10 on the lists now.
                    Be patient my friend, he will be top 10 on the next lists that get released. The first comeback fight was more so a farce, but at least this fight he took it serious and did his thing. We will bump this thread with the updated lists when they get released next month. Fair?

Comment

Working...
                    X