No announcement yet.

Pac/Floyd investigation, documented punches (disputed rounds) blow by blow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
    Kinda reminds me Sugar Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran. After the "No mas" in fight II.

Roberto Duran vowed to redeem himself winning four more world titles. He got a ruff start but after signing a contract with Bob Arum he got a title shot at Pipino Cuevas, knocking out Cuevas in just the fourth round.

In November 1983, Durán fought “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler, the great middleweight champion. Durán survived 15 rounds with Hagler, at the time, the only fighter to do so. Durán was ahead on the scorecards after 12 rounds, but Hagler prevailed in the last three, winning the contest.

in June 1986 he fought WBA light middleweight champion Davey Moore. By the fourth round, Durán said he knew Moore couldn’t hurt him, so he relentlessly stalked the champion, eventually knocking him down with a thunderous right hand in the seventh round and the fight was stopped in the eighth, as Moore could no longer continue.

Durán was always a crowd pleaser and a hero to Latinos throughout the world, and the infamous “No Mas Debacle,” as the great announcer Howard Cosell dubbed it, became a distant memory.

In 1989, Durán fought Iran "The Blade" Barkley, the WBC middleweight champion. He knocked down Barkley in the eleventh round and then won a close decision. Durán was 37 at the time, it is considered one of the highest achievements of his career. Ring magazine named him fighter of the year.

in his forties, Durán continued fighting as a middleweight throughout the 1990s. Against many opponents, he looked very impressive, and he managed to win the NBA super middleweight title in 2000, beating Pat Lawlor..

If you ever get a chance to see the ESPN "No Mas" Documentary Sugar Ray seems troubled years later, where has Duran has put it astern.

Manny Pacquiao has put Mayweather in his rear view mirror long ago. But Manny keeps wining.
    my daughter, chloe, wants ployd to give manny a rematch. you have been in japan, and the philippines, and i do not get why these pinoy boys, can't move on.

jmm nearly killed him, they say marquez made manny fall on a perfect punch.. jim lamply called it before it happened,but pac is their god..

the filipinos need a new great champ, and they need to move on. many were not boxing fans, until pac. in my family, my sisters, aunts and uncles, know boxing..

i am bringing my daughter to japan, but she wants to stay in makati, the pinoy effect..

i guess all people in some way or another stick to the culture they were born into.

i am not a canelo fan, but i think he might be tested to his limit.. we both speak spanish, and i do not need translation when he gives interviews. he is all in.

Comment

• Floyd cheated anyway by breaking WADA protocol with the illegal IV injections before the fight, so I don't see why we're still talking about this.

Comment

• Hey spoony....the L still standing next to manny's name,your angry crying threads ain't gonna make the L into an W

Comment

• Wow, I just discovered this thread.

Some very interesting ideas put forward and a lot of passion expressed too.

Make's me wonder how much internet interest Sugar Ray v Duran I would have garnered if fought today?

Comment

• Originally posted by ecto55 View Post
            Wow, I just discovered this thread.

Some very interesting ideas put forward and a lot of passion expressed too.

Make's me wonder how much internet interest Sugar Ray v Duran I would have garnered if fought today?
            Elaborate, what interesting ideas.. Pac fought with two good arms.. lost an arm to shoulder injuries.. floyd held him, floyd used illegal IV..

Spoon23 never recovered.. he has seen that fight in slow motion so many times..

he is the ultimate PAC A Maniac...

honestly, I think floyd won, but if I was the ref.. I would have deducted at least 1 point for excessive holding..

floyd is by far the better boxing technician.. but PAC lost,, I would have taken a point for excessive man love.. he hugged up even when he did not get hit..

i am old, my views are mine.. and i get things wrong.. but this thread .. it's longevity, indicates that there are a lot of PAC fans who feel cheated, because Floyd was a matador, and manny was a charging bull..

you can give manny points for effective aggression. but most of his aggression was thwarted by Floyds skills...

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather will go down in history as the best fighter of his generation.

It hurts a lot of fools in their pussy. But it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Elaborate, what interesting ideas.. Pac fought with two good arms.. lost an arm to shoulder injuries.. floyd held him, floyd used illegal IV..

Spoon23 never recovered.. he has seen that fight in slow motion so many times..

he is the ultimate PAC A Maniac...

honestly, I think floyd won, but if I was the ref.. I would have deducted at least 1 point for excessive holding..

floyd is by far the better boxing technician.. but PAC lost,, I would have taken a point for excessive man love.. he hugged up even when he did not get hit..

i am old, my views are mine.. and i get things wrong.. but this thread .. it's longevity, indicates that there are a lot of PAC fans who feel cheated, because Floyd was a matador, and manny was a charging bull..

you can give manny points for effective aggression. but most of his aggression was thwarted by Floyds skills...
                You see what I see...I'm not even sure I believe Pac had a hurt shoulder.

I had Mayweather winning clearly, although I note how incredibly reactive / responsive he was to Pac - he definitely believed he could be hurt (and badly) by Pacquiu.

I don't recall Mayweather being so 'reactive' in another fight's early rounds.

"Interesting ideas" is polite speak for the views of the Pac adherents that he (Pac) won...you've go to give them points for their dogged persistence.

I'm not going to repeat them, doubtless if you've been a part of this thread from inception, you probably just wish it'd go awy.

I hadn't read it before returning to the forum recently and got quite a few chuckles out of reading some of the views / interactions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecto55 View Post
                  You see what I see...I'm not even sure I believe Pac had a hurt shoulder.

I had Mayweather winning clearly, although I note how incredibly reactive / responsive he was to Pac - he definitely believed he could be hurt (and badly) by Pacquiu.

I don't recall Mayweather being so 'reactive' in another fight's early rounds.

"Interesting ideas" is polite speak for the views of the Pac adherents that he (Pac) won...you've go to give them points for their dogged persistence.

I'm not going to repeat them, doubtless if you've been a part of this thread from inception, you probably just wish it'd go awy.

I hadn't read it before returning to the forum recently and got quite a few chuckles out of reading some of the views / interactions.
                  i am an early contributor to this thread, and spoon23 and other filipino guys go back years on this thread..

Spoon was struggling with the thread, then i and a few guys gave him a better title and he went with it..

Then, it got moved, to this section, and spoon23 blew some fuses, mentally, he felt there was an anti pac conspiracy... then ADPO got into it with Trav, about threshold limits of PEDS and Ped testing protocol..

it has been All the time, spoon is looking for support from Spain, Brazil, and other countries on who really won the fight..

he is unwavering in his love of PAC...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather will go down in history as the best fighter of his generation.

It hurts a lot of fools in their pussy. But it is what it is.
                    do you remember spoon23 rapping about Marquez drinking pee and Larry

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=790627&page=2

Comment

• 801 pages...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X