Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russian Federation To Usyk: You Don't Call Shots, WBSS Does!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Russian Federation To Usyk: You Don't Call Shots, WBSS Does!

News broke on Monday that the world cruiserweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and the World Boxing Council (WBC), Olkesandr Usyk of Ukraine, was forced to withdraw from a scheduled fight with IBF, WBA world champion Murat Gassiev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This could get ugly.

Comment

i don't blame him. we all remember and shudder when thinking about the way ward destroyed that tournament with his hometown advantages and nonstop cheatings. in the short term wards behavior set boxing back but i think long term they will learn from it and put in place things to prevent such blatant cheating and favoritism

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        i don't blame him. we all remember and shudder when thinking about the way ward destroyed that tournament with his hometown advantages and nonstop cheatings. in the short term wards behavior set boxing back but i think long term they will learn from it and put in place things to prevent such blatant cheating and favoritism

Ward lives in your head. Rent free.

Comment

This gonna be a helluva fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            Ward lives in your head. Rent free.
            oh sorry i forgot we were supposed to ignore all the cheating and favoritism in that tournament. why would we want history to possibly repeat itself? now gassiev isnt a cheat like ward but you never know what can happen in tough fights. some guys like ward turn to cheating and when they do it should be punished. not ignored and praised.

Comment

No mater the cost I would not go to Russia

Comment

Those Russians need to just **** off, stop being little bytches and let your guy fight on neutral turf. I know it must hurt that little, tiny Ukraine has produced more world class fighters than you despite having a fifth of the population, but you don't need to resort to trying to dirty up a very good tournament.

Let your boy fight without his crew behind his back, 1v1 with no paid judges and ref. If it was the other way and the fight was taking place in Ukraine they'd be threatening nuclear war.

Boxing fans should demand that fights like these take place in neutral territory. The WBSS will go down many places in my book if they let this happen and ruin a (so far) great tournament.

Comment

The damn Russians infiltrated WBSS

Comment

Yeah Yunier Dorticos who was the former WBA 'Super' champion had no problem defending his title in Russia, Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder has no problem defending in the UK, but Usyk don't want that work from 'Iron' Murat Gassiev.

Comment

Working...
                    X