No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    "Pickem Crew", could you please tell us who you are (your main acct) so we know who we're talking to? It's not a matter of trust or anything. It's just that most of us know the regulars here and it's nice to know who's involved here.

BTW, thanks for picking this up, guys. I don't blame Bob at all as he's a busy guy and it became clear last year that this was a lot of work for 1 guy. Splitting it up makes sense.
    Course, man, although I've said it already in a coupla places including on the first post of this thread. I'm Koba-Grozny though I've also given the account Log-in details to Siablo14 so he may be using the account in too - in fact he's offered to get the Pick-ems up for this weekends fights so he may be using the CREW account later. I'm also looking to recruit a coupla other people (though I'll probably clear 'em with the players first - and certainly no-one who's in the red) so that the system is a little more robust and can survive losing one or two of us. I've said already that my own commitments mean I can't commit to doing it all myself, but hopefully it can become a permanent fixture on NSB regardless of the inevitable comings and going of individual posters.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-01-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Did you just sign up on here today or just a name change?
      I made the new account today and got BIGPOPPAPUMP to transfer the first post of the old Pick-em thread over to the new one. I'm gonna use this account for regular posting and the PICK EM CREW account will be devoted to running the Pick 'em. Volunteers (including your good self if you want) who want to help with the pick-em will also be given the Log-in details for the 'CREW account, although I'm thinking we don't want to let the numbers get out of hand - maybe 3 or 4 guys holding the Log-in details at any one time to avoid to much risk of duplication (and hopefully any accusations of tampering).

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Course, man, although I've said it already in a coupla places including on the first post of this thread. I'm Koba-Grozny though I've also given the account Log-in details to Siablo14 so he may be using the account in too - in fact he's offered to get the Pick-ems up for this weekends fights so he may be using this account later. I'm also looking to recruit a coupla other people (though I'll probably clear 'em with the players first - and certainly no-one who's in the red) so that the system is a little more robust and can survive losing one or two of us. I've said already that my own commitments mean I can't commit to doing it all myself, but hopefully it can become a permanent fixture on NSB regardless of the inevitable comings and going of individual posters.
        Ah, I read that as 3 people when you said, "myself, Koba-Grozny, and Siablo14".

Comment

I made the new account today and got BIGPOPPAPUMP to transfer the first post of the old Pick-em thread over to the new one. I'm gonna use this account for regular posting and the PICK EM CREW account will be devoted to running the Pick 'em. Volunteers (including your good self if you want) who want to help with the pick-em will also be given the Log-in details for the 'CREW account, although I'm thinking we don't want to let the numbers get out of hand - maybe 3 or 4 guys holding the Log-in details at any one time to avoid to much risk of duplication (and hopefully any accusations of tampering).
          I'm in to do what I can.lol I was wondering who is this guy that just signed up today?And HE IS RUNNING IT LOL.

Comment

Ah, I read that as 3 people when you said, "myself, Koba-Grozny, and Siablo14".
            Ha ha.. yeah I just read that intro back and it's about as clear as mud... I'll go edit that. And, man, it's confusing as hell swapping in between accounts like this, keep forgetting which one I'm on!

Comment

Thank you both. Siablo, we’ve had our fun together during pick em..so I thank you for following through, along with our new teammates. Cheers mon’

Comment

"Pickem Crew", could you please tell us who you are (your main acct) so we know who we're talking to? It's not a matter of trust or anything. It's just that most of us know the regulars here and it's nice to know who's involved here.

BTW, thanks for picking this up, guys. I don't blame Bob at all as he's a busy guy and it became clear last year that this was a lot of work for 1 guy. Splitting it up makes sense.
                Ahh c mon your were thinking same thing I was "some guy who JUST signed up today and he is running it get outta here lol.

Comment

Ha ha.. yeah I just read that intro back and it's about as clear as mud... I'll go edit that. And, man, it's confusing as hell swapping in between accounts like this, keep forgetting which one I'm on!
                  Well I will just start calling you Sybil ok.lol

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    Not computer savvy but will help where I can which may not be much.
                    OK. Back on the PICK EM account! Need to get the post count up anyways cos apparently I can't modify the leader table til we got 15 posts.

Ok man, I'm good with you being aboard, after all it was your posts in part that prompted me to start work on this. It's my plan to put it to the players if we intend to recruit anyone new, just in case anyone has any strenuous objections (but I ain't seeing that as particularly likely in your case) and we ain't gonna take on anyone with red reputation.

I'll just clear it with siablo14 but then assuming no-one's raised any objections, you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                      OK. Back on the PICK EM account! Need to get the post count up anyways cos apparently I can't modify the leader table til we got 15 posts.

Ok man, I'm good with you being aboard, after all it was your posts in part that prompted me to start work on this. It's my plan to put it to the players if we intend to recruit anyone new, just in case anyone has any strenuous objections (but I ain't seeing that as particularly likely in your case) and we ain't gonna take on anyone with red reputation.

I'll just clear it with siablo14 but then assuming no-one's raised any objections, you're good to go.
                      OK just let me know.I know me and Siablo have had words in the past but I hold no animosity and maybe that's not such a bad thing anyways(not all being close).

Comment

Working...
                      X