Collapse
No announcement yet.

I pray everyday for Canelo vs Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be an amazing fight and event. First fight not involving Floyd or Pac in ages to sell 1 Mill+ PPVs.

Comment

Ok lemme get this right: Canela is what 22 yrs old and Cotto is 34 yrs old?

Yeah really good fight..

PRPP

Comment

I don't think Canelo-Lara will have a clear winner. It will likely end up a controversial draw or just plain out a Draw, and do less than mediocre PPV numbers. I think if it does look like a draw, Canelo might get it. I expect a chess match, with Lara trying to frustrate Canelo, but Canelo will be patient and better prepared than he was for the Floyd fight and he will hold his own in a close fight that will be missing a lot of action. I predict about 400+ punches will be thrown by each fighter.

I say this because if the fight does end up being close and have no clear winner, Caneo/GBP should not care about what the fans say about a rematch between Canelo-Lara. They should immediately make Canelo-Cotto and all will be forgotten and forgiven once the fans see how great of a fight Canelo-Cotto ends up being.

In other words I am sugarcoating that there may be a robbery/controversial decision between Canelo-Lara, in Canelo's favor and GBP should ignore the backlash and skip to Canelo-Cotto, sell 1million+ PPV's and then revisit Canelo-Lara rematch afterward. Fans will be angry at Canelo for the controversial win and it will create an atmosphere like "Cotto the hero, bringing justice to corruption, just beat up Martinez at 160" vs "Canelo the new Golden Boy, big, strong, powerful redhead that is capable of crushing anyone that doesn't have Mayweather/Lara's style".

Comment

this would be a great fight.

Comment

Anyone think that fight could crack 2mil PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
              This fight is going to happen no matter if Canelo beats Lara or not. It's way too big of a fight for it not to happen.
              I think Canelo has to beat Lara in order for this fight to happen. He can't get schooled again and think he will get a fight with Cotto.

Comment

That fight will happen. Too much money in it for it not to. Also Canelo and Cotto are both warriors so if the numbers make sense they'll get it on.

Comment

It's such a good, big event for the sport.

I kind of don't want to see it cause Cotto literally has no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post

Yeah really good fight..

PRPP
                    You sound kind of worried.

As long as Cotto is the lineal MW champ he's fair game for anyone no matter their age.

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post

Yeah really good fight..

PRPP
                      Must be this tall to ride ride....

Comment

Working...
                      X