Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Angry, Trainer Shakes Head at Omar Chavez Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Sr. Angry, Trainer Shakes Head at Omar Chavez Defeat

Last night in Durango, junior middleweight contender Omar Chavez (36-5-1, 24 KOs) once again suffered a career setback when he lost a ten round unanimous decision to underdog Jose Carlos Paz. Chavez was already coming off a ten round decision loss from last August, at the hands of Roberto Garcia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Props for the honesty. Rare to see that from a fighters team even if they are family.

Comment

I think Chavez Sr. has come to the conclusion that neither of his sons remotely had his talent or work ethic.

Omar is no more than a gatekeeper and Chavez Jr. is no more than a fringe contender.

Both need to retire.

Comment

Welp. Time for Senior to "take matters into his own hands!"

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          Props for the honesty. Rare to see that from a fighters team even if they are family.
          I agree but how do you sugar coat a loss like this? You just have to be brutally honest and say “my nephews are pants “and pray some fans can emphasise because they too have family members that are also an embarrassment to the family

Comment

Chavez senior was a product of the real struggle and he worked his way up like a True Fighter,, I really thought Omar was going to beat Roberto Garcia but him and his brother are the same they just don't have what it takes

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Welp. Time for Senior to "take matters into his own hands!"
              He should step in the ring in their place, probably give a bigger challenge to their opponents.

Comment

This was a really bad beatdown, I saw the fight and Omar didnt win a single round, ...his father was waving to stop the fight in the 7th round,

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                  I think Chavez Sr. has come to the conclusion that neither of his sons remotely had his talent or work ethic.

Omar is no more than a gatekeeper and Chavez Jr. is no more than a fringe contender.

Both need to retire.
                  Why should gatekeepers and fringe contenders retire? That'll leave divisions with stars and scrubs only.

I get the disappoint, but saying they should retire is stupid.

Comment

It is so crazy that Omar lost. They set this fight up for him to win!

Comment

Working...
                    X