Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Wilder Send '$50 Million' Offer To Joshua For Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    If they said in their stipulation, or their "guarantee," that AJ is given at least HALF the money up front - as in they literally wire him 25 million when the contract is signed - then I'll take this serious.

You don't know much about the legal system, do you?

How long it takes for those suits to actually get resolved? AND THEN, even after you win the suit, and wait for all the appeals processes to be finished, you have to actually ENFORCE the decision. Over a civil matter between two private parties, the courts can't just go into the other dude's bank account, they have to put liens on property, garnish earnings, etc. If the other dude files BANKRUPTCY? Oh, good luck fighting over the UCC article 9 code regarding who gets what, as I'm sure there will be other creditors coming after money, and property.
    You're out of your mind. You think Showtime and CBS, Al Haymon etc would draw up a contract they can't afford and get sued in the process? My goodness bro take off the tinfoil hat please. These are serious businessmen. Hearn would never sign off without the money being shown on PAPER first. You sound like someone who had an ex gf that racked up your credit cards and then judge Judy cussed you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
      Which they obviously have, if they offered AJ this AFTER offering something to Brazeale.

Basically, the AJ ass-lickers are simply denying this is true. Or that, yea will Wilder will sign a contract but he won't pay AJ.

If Wilder signs a contract guarantying AJ $50 million, then if he does not pay, it will be held from his future fights until AJ is paid in full. That is why the U.S. has civil law, to enforce legal contracts.
      It’s also the reason why contracts are detailed, not just headlines. If he can guarantee he has the cash available it’ll be signed without a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
        You're out of your mind. You think Showtime and CBS, Al Haymon etc would draw up a contract they can't afford and get sued in the process? My goodness bro take off the tinfoil hat please. These are serious businessmen. Hearn would never sign off without the money being shown on PAPER first. You sound like someone who had an ex gf that racked up your credit cards and then judge Judy cussed you out.
        No, I'm a lawyer, actually. Although I concentrate on criminal law..

I haven't heard Showtime, CBS, offer anything. I heard Wilder say some shyt on twitter.

Read the first part of my post - I said let them make a TRUE GUARANTEE, in which the party is wired half the money up front.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
          It’s also the reason why contracts are detailed, not just headlines. If he can guarantee he has the cash available it’ll be signed without a problem.
          Bing. Bang. Boom.

Comment

No, I'm a lawyer, actually. Although I concentrate on criminal law..

I haven't heard Showtime, CBS, offer anything. I heard Wilder say some shyt on twitter.

Read the first part of my post - I said let them make a TRUE GUARANTEE, in which the party is wired half the money up front.
            Well Mr. Shapiro criminal law is a totally different ball game. And once again I'm sure the professional businessmen that do this for a living will take care of it. In the meantime stop ranting and raving. It's obvious Showtime and CBS are backing this deal. Espinoza even offered to mediate. Let's see what happens.
            Last edited by FaustoGeraci; 04-25-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
              Yea, Wilder would rather fight Brazeale. Another freakin AJ asslicker. Yea, if AJ keeps running scared. then Brazeale is plan B. Plan A has been AJ for quite a while now. AJ has refused to negotiate doe. AJ said he would accept the same day for $50 million doe. But now he hasn't doe. I got that information from this article!!! Wow, how about that! Doe!

Wilder offered AJ $50 million doe. That shows who wants the fight doe.
              You know I'm a Wilder fan mocking Sporting Lie Cons doe, right?
              Last edited by JohnP2; 04-25-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Bing. Bang. Boom.
                And they wouldn't make the offer unless they could do that. Common. Sense. Paesan.

Comment

• GUARANTEE:

Hearn announces that AJ is figting someone else in July. Probably Brazeale.....

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                    Well Mr. Shapiro criminal law is a totally different ball game. And once again I'm sure the professional businessmen that do this for a living will take care of it. In the meantime stop ranting and raving. Let's see what happens.
                    Ranting and raving? I made a two-paragraph post simply responding to a poster that made it sound so easy to win civil litigation.

I pointed out that you actually have to enforce the judgement, and if one side files bankruptcy,UCC Article 9 gets involved, which can entail a very complicated, drawn-out legal process in which you are far from "guaranteed" the money that you signed on the dotted line for..

Moreover, this was all in the context of what a true guarantee offer is supposed to be - and Wilder (backed by Showtime, and CBS, as you claim without any proof) hasn't done anything close to that.

And yes, criminal law is completely different. However, I still went to law school, and had to take contract law.. I've read more briefs than I care to remember on scenarios involving one party trying to enforce a judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      I'm just wondering where the $50m comes from and how guaranteed it is. You've got to bare in mind Joshua has never made more than $20m and Wilder never more than $2m so $50m from their pocket sounds suspicious.

The details aren't really there and Hearn said as much. I mean you can say $50m but if your Hearn do you just say ok cool I'll accept here's my signature without even seeing a contract and how guaranteed the funds are?
                      Hmm. Well Floyd’s biggest payday was 30 million and Pacquiao was 20 million but when they fought each other the fight generated 400 million.

You see, the big fights that people want tend to make a lot more money.

But your point is valid. Hearn has to do due diligence on checking out this offer. Especially if it came direct from Wilder himself, and not his team. But if the deal and the guarantee comes from Wilders side, so does the control of the fight. Meaning venue, tv rights, etc. my comment was geared toward someone posting that “They want the fight in US, blah blah Hearn shouldn’t accept etc etc” which is bull chit. I personally don’t see how this fight doesn’t do 1 mil buys which would generate 100 million. But w cable companies taking 50 percent it does leave team wilder at risk of not getting paid. Regardless I wanna see the fight and good job from USA calling Britain’s bluff.

Comment

Working...
                      X