No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz - CompuBox Punch Stats

Wilder vs. Ortiz CompuBox Punch Stats - In a fight of extreme extremes, Deontay Wilder overcame several instances of deep trouble to score three knockdowns (one in the seventh, two in the 10th) to retain his WBC heavyweight title for the seventh time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tied Joe Louis? Nice facts.

Comment

Couldn't believe compubox stats when they showed them after the KO. And Wilder ahead on scorecards?...didn't seem to match the fight I saw. Respect to the champ tho for the rebound and the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by donnyriz View Post
        Couldn't believe compubox stats when they showed them after the KO. And Wilder ahead on scorecards?...didn't seem to match the fight I saw. Respect to the champ tho for the rebound and the finish.
        You must've watched a different fight then,

Comment

I had Ortiz ahead by 3 points at the time of the stoppage

Comment

I think Wilder's balance throws a lot of people off, they think he's getting hit with punches and he is but they're not clean, he gets hit a lot to the chest, shoulders, etc. and it knocks him off balance.

Practically everything Ortiz threw Wilder answered, I also thought he may have been robbed of a knock down in round 2, looked like he caught Ortiz with a jab coming in.

Comment

These punch stats shows why the judges had Wilder up by 1 round. I had Wilder down by 1 round if you gave Ortiz 3 - 1 of the 1st 4 rounds (instead of 2-2). The rounds Wilder won were clearer than the ones Ortiz won, save for 7th round and 8th round.

Comment

I really can't believe it! I had Ortiz ahead by 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

Practically everything Ortiz threw Wilder answered, I also thought he may have been robbed of a knock down in round 2, looked like he caught Ortiz with a jab coming in.
                  You are correct. It was a left hand that dropped Ortiz in the 2nd round. The replay shows that but the ref did not see it.

Comment

Why are the haters losing this thread? As I said Wilder outboxed Ortiz

Comment

Working...
                    X