No announcement yet.

Why is Ricky Burns not retired yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Ricky Burns not retired yet?

There is really no point in him fighting anymore imo.

Must be broke

Comment

Paychecks....

But he needs to get out now or else he will be cashing out his name vs undefeated blue chip prospects looking for a name on their resume.. burns will take a pummeling vs those young cats

Comment

He hasn't been stopped though, really tough guy.

Comment

He's not the most talented boxer out there but the guy is tough as nails. He definitely deserves respect.

Comment

Because he is still getting offers, I don’t blame him. Looked like his career was over a few years ago but he picked it up and got himself a belt, that place another 2/3 years on his paid career. And now I think this crolla fight is been pushed as a Gatti/Ward triology sort of fight by sky and everyone involve. Which means more pay cheque for both fighters.

Comment

He said years ago he loves fighting and would fight on for a long time. He's actually still a good fighter. The fight at the weekend was close.

Comment

He went bankrupt a few years back

Comment

He was outclassed by Crawford and Indongo, but I wouldn't say he was taking career-altering punishment, either. I withhold judgement on when a fighter should retire IF they aren't suffering brutal beat downs and KO's for paychecks ie. RJJ.

Having said that, his legs are gone and he will probably have to fight toe-to-toe more. Which means his chin will get tested more, and we all know your chin doesn't get better with age. Hopefully, he's matched well enough in the next few years where we don't see something bad happen and he can retire with some money in the bank.

Comment

Some people just like getting beat up for a living and the U.K. Is a joke so..

Comment

Working...
                    X