Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when Bradley vs Alexander was THE fight!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Bradley vs Alexander was THE fight!?

Devon is one of those quick rise, slow fall stories...

Early on it seemed as though he had the tools to make a major statement @ 140 but he ultimately fell short...

Bradley proved that he belonged in there with the elites.

Neither became the crossover star.

Bradley will end up being a borderline Hall of Famer....

I think Bradley has had a very good career considering his actual talent. He beat everyone at 140 Vazquez, Witter, Campbell, Holt, Abregu, Peterson and Alexander. His run at 147 wasn't as good but still very good, Provodnikov, Marquez coming off the Pacquiao KO win, Chavez and Vargas. I think he has done very well for himself, headlined a number of PPVs and made much more money than other more talented fighters. He willed his way into a lot of victories and he deserves the money and recognition that he has, never had the character to be a superstar but he still made good money regardless.

Again, things went almost perfect for him considering his talent.

Comment

I never bought into that fight. It was 2 boring fighters who lacked the charisma to captivate the audience. I mean it was 2 good fighters and I knew Bradley was going to be good but it was just one of those fights I couldn't get excited about.

Comment

Alexander fail pretty quickly if you ask me. You can be boring,we've seen boring fighters carve out a niche in the sport. You can't be boring and have additional undesirable qualities. That yelp made him unwatchable; good riddance.

Comment

That was an ugly fight that didn't win either man any fans IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            I think Bradley has had a very good career considering his actual talent. He beat everyone at 140 Vazquez, Witter, Campbell, Holt, Abregu, Peterson and Alexander. His run at 147 wasn't as good but still very good, Provodnikov, Marquez coming off the Pacquiao KO win, Chavez and Vargas. I think he has done very well for himself, headlined a number of PPVs and made much more money than other more talented fighters. He willed his way into a lot of victories and he deserves the money and recognition that he has, never had the character to be a superstar but he still made good money regardless.

Again, things went almost perfect for him considering his talent.

Bradley is definitely in the Hall of Fame category. The names you mention brought back memories. Bradley went over to enemy territory to beat Witter. He was about that life.

Comment

why did Timmeh only fight once this year?

Comment

That fight turned out to be one of the worst fights in recent memory.

Alexander can still recover, but it seems like he needs a trainer and fresh start. He has all the other tools.

Comment

Yea i wanted that fight bad..and it ended up being a stinker..in hind site the styles told me it would end up like that

Comment

Devon could have been a 3 division champ but he lacks the hunger. He had a brother killed and a brother do 12 years in prison so you'd think he'd go a bit harder in the ring. Nicest guy you'll ever meet though.

Comment

Working...
                    X