Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you watch this and tell me Bradley was dominated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pimpgoz View Post
    funny that both cotto and margarito landed more shots on Pacquiao then Bradley did. funny that both of them came to fight and Bradley didn't. Pacquiao whooped his ass get over it you are making yourselves look stupid trying to justify a win for Bradley.
    what was funny was how dumb both fighters fought pac

call me stupid but i'm not the one trying to argue a fighter dominated when there was no domination in the fight whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
      the bodyshots were basically ignored by hbo so that in turn caused many to ignore it as well.

lord knows compubox ignored a bunch of them
      Anyone who uses CompuBox to justify a fight...smh. There's plenty of proof in that bout of how off CompuBox is--particularly round 7. When I initially watched it I had Manny winning close. Since then, I've had Bradley winning close each time. It was very nip and tuck and could have gone either way. In the end, the judges gave it to the fighter who finished stronger.

Comment

Bradley was defiantly not dominated but Pac still won 7 to 5 no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
          Pac won the fight. Saying he edged it is as bizarre as saying he dominated. He won clearly, he didnt dominate and he didnt sneak it. He got stiffed, its boxing it happens, it shouldnt, but its a fact boxing fans just have to live with and always have.
          that's your opinion, bro. throwing hard shots that mostly missed doesn't constitute a clear win in my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
            that's your opinion, bro. throwing hard shots that mostly missed doesn't constitute a clear win in my eyes
            Maybe not, but outlanding your opponent with more effective punching over the course of twelve rounds does.

Comment

Maybe not, but outlanding your opponent with more effective punching over the course of twelve rounds does.
              On another note, Manny cant be too upset about the outcome. Yes, he should have won, but he was the benificiary of a gift against Marquez in the third fight. Swings and roundabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                Haven't seen the entire fight yet but from what I have seen Pacquiao didn't work hard enough,just a few flurries to steal rounds
                However Bradley didn't have the power to get Manny's respect and got for ed back from Manny's attacks
                From what I saw you could argue Bradley controlled more of each round but Manny was the more effective
                And his flurries were generally ineffective too, especially as the fight wore on.

The impression I've been left with after a few watches is that Pacquiao didn't look capable of getting to Bradley more often. He just wasn't able to close the distance effectively against a guy who was making him work to do so.

People say Bradley just 'back-pedalled' but he didn't. He was making Pacquiao overextend in order to create counter-punching opportunities. And when Pacquiao lunged he stepped around him and threw combinations.

Bradley wasn't landing a lot of clean shots either, no question about it. But he was controlling the nature of the fight in the closing six rounds, and he was working for three minutes. Manny was generally doing nothing except plodding around after Bradley in a lot of those rounds. Wild flurries don't make up for two and a half minutes of inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Anyone who uses CompuBox to justify a fight...smh. There's plenty of proof in that bout of how off CompuBox is--particularly round 7. When I initially watched it I had Manny winning close. Since then, I've had Bradley winning close each time. It was very nip and tuck and could have gone either way. In the end, the judges gave it to the fighter who finished stronger.
                  agreed

Originally posted by UrGonnaLooos View Post
                  Bradley was defiantly not dominated but Pac still won 7 to 5 no doubt.

it's really that simple yet so many due the best to prove otherwise

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                  Haven't seen the entire fight yet but from what I have seen Pacquiao didn't work hard enough,just a few flurries to steal rounds
                  However Bradley didn't have the power to get Manny's respect and got for ed back from Manny's attacks
                  From what I saw you could argue Bradley controlled more of each round but Manny was the more effective
                  yup. especially in the later rounds

make pac chase you he often looks clumsy. go at him and he looks like a god

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Bradley landed the most significant punches of the bout - the body shots that eventually wore Pacquiao down. You're not going to change anyone's mind, Larry. Some people see it as a Manny domination and let them view it that way. In the end, the belts were awarded to the right person IMO. Even the new p*ctard Thomas Hauser aqreed.
                  wow! that's shocking. i bet bob took him off his buddy list...lol

Comment

pac did no such thing. i don't care what compubox and hbo says

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      And his flurries were generally ineffective too, especially as the fight wore on.

The impression I've been left with after a few watches is that Pacquiao didn't look capable of getting to Bradley more often. He just wasn't able to close the distance effectively against a guy who was making him work to do so.

People say Bradley just 'back-pedalled' but he didn't. He was making Pacquiao overextend in order to create counter-punching opportunities. And when Pacquiao lunged he stepped around him and threw combinations.

Bradley wasn't landing a lot of clean shots either, no question about it. But he was controlling the nature of the fight in the closing six rounds, and he was working for three minutes. Manny was generally doing nothing except plodding around after Bradley in a lot of those rounds. Wild flurries don't make up for two and a half minutes of inactivity.
                      Excellent post - that's what I saw too. Bradley turned the fight around in the middle rounds and closed very, very strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X