Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was a better cornerback - Rod Woodson or Deion Sanders?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidentally voted Deion.

As mentioned before in their peaks, Deion was like ****ing insanely good, but it didn't last long. Woodson had a consistent career

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
      right on...

deon's peak was higher but too short... rod played at a high level his whole career...

he has almost 20 more picks and over double the forced fumbles
      its funny to me that people buy into the deon hype and don't actually look at career and real numbers.

darrel green was the man too, i'd rank him higher than deon as well

Comment

deion sanders ran a 4.4 forty in tims...

Comment

Nobody was better than Deion at his best. He was shutting down half the football field on reputation alone. He didnt even to be good they were too scared to throw near him.

Comment

Sanders and its not even close. Rod could tackle and everything but he couldnt straight lock down one side like Deion. I mean, the dude wouldnt even go into the huddle in his prime. How sick is that? Its like this is my side and then you other 10 do whatever over there. Beast ****. His son looks pretty good also

Comment

deion at his peak was perhaps the best to ever play not only his position, but any position.

Comment

Im reading some of you guys post and you make Deion sound like he was Bo Jackson or something. He had 10 strong years where he beasted. You guys make it sound like he had like 3 prime years and then was hurt or something. Thats not true. He played 10 great years, then slipped a little his next & final year in Dallas. After that he wasnt Deion anymore but he played 10 years before that and was a beast from day 1 as a rookie. He's not Bo Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Im reading some of you guys post and you make Deion sound like he was Bo Jackson or something. He had 10 strong years where he beasted. You guys make it sound like he had like 3 prime years and then was hurt or something. Thats not true. He played 10 great years, then slipped a little his next & final year in Dallas. After that he wasnt Deion anymore but he played 10 years before that and was a beast from day 1 as a rookie. He's not Bo Jackson
                  The realist **** ever wrote right there!! I'm a Cowboy fan but people seem to forget D. Sanders in San Fran and in Atlanta, the best lock down corner and return man in the game plus he was a dual sport player and played receiver when it called for it.

Comment

You guys do know that not having a lot of INTs is because QBs don't even bother throwing the ball to the WR you're covering, right?

Just look at Nnamdi currently.

Comment

I can't believe how delusional some of you guys are...

for starters, the question is "who is the better cornerback" not who is more versatile, who can play WR etc etc...

stats from 1993-2005 (although Rod only played til 2003)

Tackles RW 708 DS 296
                      Pass Defenses RW 169 DS 94
                      Sacks RW 13.5 DS 1
                      Forced Fumbles RW 9 DS 5
                      INTS RW 71 DS 53
                      TDs RW 12 DS 9

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=49

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=37

Comment

Working...
                      X