No announcement yet.

Locche-Pryor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locche-Pryor

First off let me apologize for putting this in the history section. I haven't seen Locche fight and am looking from some solid input from people who know what they're talking about.

How would a fight between one of the best defensive fighters, Locche, and one of the most relentless offensive fighters, Pryor, go?

great stylistic match up. shoulder roll should/ philly shell defense should really be called italian shell defense in honor of locche. People think mayweather & hopkins started that whole shoulder roll defense but that's been around for a long time.

pryor would probably outowork him for a points decisions imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post
      great stylistic match up. shoulder roll should/ philly shell defense should really be called italian shell defense in honor of locche. People think mayweather & hopkins started that whole shoulder roll defense but that's been around for a long time.

I honestly haven't seen anybody who ever said Mayweather or Hopkins invented it. James Toney uses it but he himself said he got it from watching old boxing tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        First off let me apologize for putting this in the history section. I haven't seen Locche fight and am looking from some solid input from people who know what they're talking about.

How would a fight between one of the best defensive fighters, Locche, and one of the most relentless offensive fighters, Pryor, go?
        Locche had a great defense but from what I've seen he wasn't offensive enough for Pryor. He would probably lose a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
          I honestly haven't seen anybody who ever said Mayweather or Hopkins invented it. James Toney uses it but he himself said he got it from watching old boxing tapes.

Most of us know its been around for a long time, but to many Floyd fans its a Mayweather original. That not an insult to Floyd but to make a point about some of his younger and biased fans.

Comment

Originally posted by DonTaseMeBrah View Post

Locche had a great defense but from what I've seen he wasn't offensive enough for Pryor. He would probably lose a decision.
            Like I said, I haven't actually watched a Locche fight yet. But its my opinion that if you couldn't keep Pryor off you with some pop, you were probably in trouble. Than again I think Sweet Pea beats Pryor, but thats just my opinion.

Comment

Like I said, I haven't actually watched a Locche fight yet. But its my opinion that if you couldn't keep Pryor off you with some pop, you were probably in trouble. Than again I think Sweet Pea beats Pryor, but thats just my opinion.
              If you want to see incredible defense, watching Locche is a must.

Comment

If you want to see incredible defense, watching Locche is a must.
                How would you compare his D to that of Pep, Whitaker and Benitez? I know he was great, but who does he most closely resemble if any of them?

Comment

How would you compare his D to that of Pep, Whitaker and Benitez? I know he was great, but who does he most closely resemble if any of them?
                  I know this is crazy but I saw a combination of all of them. He used the shoulder rolls like Floyd but also fought off the ropes and could really make fighters miss in close range like Benitez and Whitaker.. He would drop his hands a lot and make fighters miss like Pep. Just a phenomenal defensive fighter. He could do it all on defense. Only difference was that he wasn't as offensive minded as those four.

Comment

I know this is crazy but I saw a combination of all of them. He used the shoulder rolls like Floyd but also fought off the ropes and could really make fighters miss in close range like Benitez and Whitaker.. He would drop his hands a lot and make fighters miss like Pep. Just a phenomenal defensive fighter. He could do it all on defense. Only difference was that he wasn't as offensive minded as those four.
                    Im gonna see what I can dig up on youtube. Thanks for the info my man!

Comment

Working...
                    X