No announcement yet.

Garcia & Bradley had greater runs at 140 than Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    For what it's worth Garcia was also very, very lucky to get the nod vs. Herrera and if your going to talk up Mattheyse then you've got to give Crawford respect for the Postol win. Postol dominated Lucas and Garcia was avoiding him like the plague and Bud pitched a near shut out vs. Postol.

He also needed a second fight to really seperate himself from an old washed up Morales and didn't exactly dominate Judah.

Crawford lost maybe 2 rounds at 140 and won all four belts. He looked the part also.

Comparing his run to Bradley's. Haven't really thought about it but I do see Bud as a more impressive fighter than Tim ever was and the Alexander win to me whilst good loses some points because of constant and deliberate headbutts.

In short; Bud came to 140 as a pit stop and he cleaned out the division by winning 4 titles and the Ring title and took part in two unification matches. He lost 2-3 rounds at most and did this all in 2 years. That's impressive for a pit stop.
    solid post

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Its not his fault that light welter was so weak, ironically its actually starting to pick up now hes moving up with the very talented prospects like josh taylor, prograis, lipinets, ramirez coming through.

p4p no.1 is definitely kinda ridiculous though, apart from a bunch of midgets hes only beaten 1 legit guy in Postol.
      If he beats thurman or spence and wins a belt at 147 then the p4p.no1 conversation can start imo.

Exactly, one can say he's a weight bully. If he dominated 147, and actually fights Thurman, Spence, Porter, ect. I'll crown him but until then I'm not ready to appoint this dude the next biggest thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        yeah they did, ive made this point before, clearin out 140 means **** all. its a garbage division, a feeder dvision for 147. laughable how people rate crawford so highly for beating the muppets in that weight class. he unified the divison against indongo for christ sake whos best win was shot to **** ricky burns. hardly a bunch of killers down there. hes got a hell of a lot to prove still.
        lol true, I was cringing so hard when everybody was acting like it was a milestone to unify 140 with a bunch of mediocre guys. Mikey Garcia doesn't have a belt there and that win alone would mean more than any of the B levels guys combined that Crawford mopped the floor with at 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          I was joking. How It's impressive that he sells out like that, but then again with no professional teams you guys love what you can get. But if he keeps koing guys like he is he will pass Thurman in no time
          He is going to 147 so there is not going to be anymore Koing. Plus Thurman has the personality and he is bi-racial. That piece of white privilege will open doors for Thurman.

Comment

I think Crawford has been more impressive than either of them at 140. He defends his 140 pound titles more often than they did and wins his fights in a more dominate fashion overall. He is top 5 pfp on almost all lists and that's something they never were. He unified 140 completely and that is something they never did. In my opinion Crawford is a better 140 pound boxer than either of them on their best day. I would rate Bradley as a better fighter than Garcia. He never had a close fight at 140 and beat the hell out of Peterson. Garcia had a very close win over Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              He is going to 147 so there is not going to be anymore Koing. Plus Thurman has the personality and he is bi-racial. That piece of white privilege will open doors for Thurman.
              We are going to have to see. He accuracy in accumulation is how he gets his knockouts. He's not a one punch artist....I think thurmans losing his appeal, his fights are getting pretty boring and he hasn't got a KO in a while. Plus Crawford has the state of Nebraska behind him. I don't know if it gets any whiter than that. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Absolutely not comparable to GGG. Crawford faced allot of awkward styles and fast handed guys, and guys who were the absolute best in his division like Burns in his home country. Ran through them all. Showed allot of skills, and has some decent names on his resume.
                And so did GGG, a resume full of decent names.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  And so did GGG, a resume full of decent names.
                  Absolutely not. GGG faced some decent names, but guys that once he hit them, he killed them. He had acid on his gloves.

Terrence fought some awkward guys, fast guys, he had to figure them out. He faced quite the variation. I mean GGG resume is ight, but we always knew once he landed, it was over. Now he is aged, and will have to rely on boxing abilities

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    I think a lot of you guys are expecting Crawford to be a superstar. The problem is he hasn't been marketed and he is not marketable.
                    Anyone is marketable as long as you market them. So why doesn't bob REALLY market him??

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      Anyone is marketable as long as you market them. So why doesn't bob REALLY market him??
                      Lack of personality and race

Comment

Working...
                      X