Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie Foxx Preparing To Play Mike Tyson in New Motion Picture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a winning combination with Foxx and Scorsese. Tyson appears to be on board with his personal insight. Hope they do it right.

Comment

He would likely wins another Oscar for the role but get to it already he is not getting any younger

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        The lack of awareness in these comments is humurous. Jamie has always been the perfect guy to play Mike Tyson. People have been waiting for this for years. And Tyson and Jamie are the same height. It doesn't take much to put on the weight with the trainers these actors have.

A guy who won a best lead actor Oscar, who also is one of the best impressionist in history is more than suited for this role. When you add Scorsese to the mix, I'm expecting this movie to kill the box office and have Foxx right back on stage at the Oscars in a few years.

Foxx and Tyon have been working on this/discussing it for a while. There's no one who would have the insight and talent to pull this off better than he could.
        There's a video on YouTube of Foxx giving the opening scene of the movie from a year or two ago. Not sure if that'll make the final cut but it sounds like a good intro.
        Completely agree, and what??? He acts it out, or something? Looking it up as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          He would likely wins another Oscar for the role but get to it already he is not getting any younger

Oh ****, this movie's gonna be sick, and he has the voice DOWN.

Comment

He's an amazing actor. Can't wait to see if he can pull it off.

I mean the voice is one thing but obviously there's a lot more to it than that.

Comment

Is this how he's been "preparing"

Comment

this should be good...much respect for jaime foxx's depiction of characters

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post

Word is she is hollywood's leading beard. Not that I care either way about that, but Jamie is wayyyyyyyyyyy the **** too old to play Tyson now. He would have been perfect for it beyond being so much smaller framed (muscle on a tiny guy still wont look like Mike) but his acting chops would have made him a great Mike.

Comment

Foxx is one of my favorite comedians and actors. Stand-up and Jamie Foxx Show days. It will be interesting to see how they pull this off. He can do the voice pretty well, if not very well. However the body type, the movements, how they choreograph the Boxing itself will go a long way. Also it will be interesting to see what part of Tyson's career they focus on. Whether they're looking to go "early" Cus' days, pick up post Douglas with the Holyfield fight's being the focus, or if it is more about how he's transitioned to life outside of boxing.

I wish Tyson had that big "comeback, overcoming moment" of beating a great (for instance if he had beaten Lennox Lewis) to cap off his career. Since he didn't, it'll be interesting to see how they pace and end it.

Is it a movie about his harsh realities and harsh realities of a tough sport both in the ring and outside in business? Is it glorifying his hayday and playing down the Holyfield DQ and his spiral afterwards? Does it end on a great HW fight between him and Holyfield in the first fight? Is it less about his ring career and more about his journey as a man?

Either way, it will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post

Yup he is preparing, Foxx is in character. He probably raped her right after that pic was taken.

J/K. I love Iron Mike. He never raped any woman. Men on the other hand, I can't say no confidently.

As far as the movie, it should be good because Scorsese is involved. I hate Jamie Foxx, but when the role calls for it, he is on point. I have faith that he'll play a great Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X