No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duran: Mayweather Not TBE, I Would Have Beaten Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
    And we wont even go into what Hearns would have done. Mayweather has never been an inside come forward fighter so he would not be able to fight Hearns on the inside, past that jab, or on the outside, where Hearns would have used his lightning ram-rod jab to line Mayweather up for the right hand. Lights out by the 6th round. Even prime Cuevas would have been a threat. Maidana, Corley, and Mosley are LIGHT punchers compared to Cuevas and they rocked him. He would have to avoid all 12 rounds the punches that broke jaws, ribs, eye sockets.

And Leonard's punches were lighting bolts. Once Leonard unleashed one of those blistering 12 punch combos, Mayweather would have been reeling. Mayweather would have nothing to keep most of these guys off. He would have had enough difficulty with a prime Whitaker, let alone the fab four. Benitez would have made him miss quite a bit and was a very fast fighter. Out of these five guys, Mayweather loses to 3-4.
    Great post!...Nuff Said!

Comment

• Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
      two things, duran and his primitive skill.
      With that statement, I doubt you are privileged enough to have an IQ as high as a dead Frog!

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        I doubt it. I recall how foolish Benitez made him look, worse than leonard.
        HUGE difference between that fight and how conditioned and motivated Duran was in 1980 Montreal. 1980 Montreal version swarms Floyd and batters him.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
          Coming from the guy who is most known for quitting against Leonard and getting knocked out by Hearns.
          You have to be a special kind of stupid to think people cannot see how you conveniently left out ALL his big wins in multiple divisions and even going the distance with Hagler. Consider yourself torched by your own gun. Self owned.
          Last edited by richardt; 10-23-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            HUGE difference between that fight and how conditioned and motivated Duran was in 1980 Montreal. 1980 Montreal version swarms Floyd and batters him.
            Nobody else gets a pass for being fat undisciplined slobs like Duran was.

Nobody.

Thats why this can never be discussed in an honest fashion.

Every time you bring up a flaw in Duran, you get countered with: Yeah but the Duran who fought Leonard in Montreal !!!!!!

Guess what, that Duran and the Duran who got completly outboxed by Benitez IS THE EXACT SAME MAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
              Nobody beats Duran at 135 - NOBODY!
              Mayweather, at 135, beats duran in a highly contested showdown.

Comment

• Thought Money Mayweather was more physically dominant at 130 and 135, with the exception of the Castillo fights, than he was at welterweight. That said, the Mayweather of the Castillo fights wouldn't have stood a chance against the 1970s Duran. I don't know that the Duran of Montreal 1980 stops Mayweather, but he certainly beats him. The Duran of post-Montreal, IMO, would probably lose to Mayweather 6 out of 10 times, but he was definitely past his best, mentally and physically, by the early 1980s. What some of the younger fans don't realize is that a boxer with 50-70 fights was old at 29 or 30 in that era. Today boxers fight less and are on top of their game longer. (i.e. Money, Wlad, Hopkins, Sergio Martinez, Narvaez, etc)
                Last edited by giacomino; 10-23-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• 49 tried none succeeded. The odds are against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    More likely its the people picking Duran so easily who are delusional. You can't just base everything on Duran's performance against SRL in the 1st fight.

Much lesser fighters than Floyd beat duran, just like much lesser fighters than Duran gave Floyd a tough time.
                    When people predict what would happen between Floyd and Duran, its Floyd versus the peak Duran.

When you fight as many times as Duran did, you will have off nights. Duran probably didn't train hard for some fights because he underestimated them and paid the price. Floyd has pretty much not had an off night as he don't fight as much and prepared 100%.

But Duran nearly had the beating of Hagler when Duran was in form. Floyd hasn't fought anyone. That's why I want Floyd to fight GGG. If he can survive 12 rounds with him without beating him, I would never take seriously people saying Duran would stop FLoyd easy.
                    But Floyd has to take a risk and go out of his comfort zone for once.

Comment

• Truth be told

Originally posted by TheBloodGod View Post
                      Duran just like many other all time greats (Mayweather included) has his own claim to greatest of all time.

Six decades are you kidding me?!

But I have to disagree with him when he says he would have beaten Floyd.

Ray decided to move in the second fight and beat him easily frustrating him to the point of "No Mas"

Floyd by majority decision.
                      Exactly, Floyd could have fought Duran twice & the same outcome would have happen. Floyd moves better than any of the guy in the past and that would have frustrated just about all of them including Ray. People hate to give the man his props, he took boxing to a level none of the guys before him ever did & he did it by working harder then the rest. But truth be told "Americans love a winner so long as that winner isn't black" and that is whats destroying boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X