Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxer did the most damage to Mayweather? His physically toughest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
    Cotto's perfomance overrated.He never hit Floyd with a good powershot to the head.

its the adulation some got for seeing him have a nose bleed lol.....best punches he was landing were jabs.....He landed some good digs to the body when he realized he had to close in around round 7-9 other than that he clearly lost 9-3 and was close to getting dropped late

Maidana, Castillo, Jesus Chavez, Emmanuel Agustus did waaaaay more damage than Cotto and actually did better

Comment

Maidana slipping through that pullcounter is the hardest ive ever seen floyd get hit. Mosleys wobbled the sht out of him tho.. but chinos punch at end of round 4... Woulda knocked anyone out cold

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        its the adulation some got for seeing him have a nose bleed lol.....best punches he was landing were jabs.....He landed some good digs to the body when he realized he had to close in around round 7-9 other than that he clearly lost 9-3 and was close to getting dropped late

Maidana, Castillo, Jesus Chavez, Emmanuel Agustus did waaaaay more damage than Cotto and actually did better
        Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
        Maidana easily. Cotto gets to much credit cause of a few jabs that made him bleed.
        Yeah Sure - a few jabs, I agree it was about 9-3 8-4 but it was competitive, pretty much every round. The first 2 rounds were comfortable for Floyd but after that Cotto never gave him much space or any kind of respite. Floyd outfought Cotto but it was not easy and certainly was more than a few jabs, terrible misconception thrown around here. You guys aren't doing Mayweather or Cotto any justice. Cotto landed some brutal shots on Mayweather to head and body. I agree that Augustus touched Floyd more and cleaner, and Maidana landed well early on, but the thread is about damage done, and in mine and lot of other peoples opinion Cotto did the most damage, and he certainly landed more than a few clean jabs. Just for the record Cotto's jab is almost a power punch in itself even if that had been the case, he has knocked down multiple fighters with it. I am not a particular Cotto fan, but I don't agree this opinion, especially when the man himself said...'Augustus was tough, Cotto was tougher. He was my toughest fight.' Maidana was more competitive in the first fight, and Castillo was the most competitive of everyone in terms of rounds, but damage done I got to go with Cotto.

Comment

Also that beautiful left hook, unnoticed by most: https://youtu.be/o_PLFpTmIYw?t=2294

Comment

Cotto damaged him the most. Just because some of the others were able to visibly hurt him for a few seconds of the fight doesn't mean they damaged him more.

Comment

It was between Cotto and Maidana, but I have to say Maidana looked like he got to him more, After both those fights Floyd visibly looked like he was in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                Maidana, Chavez, Castillo, Cotto, Augustus....

Margarito would have put him in a coffin. Styles make fights.
                Not in a million years

IV > Plaster

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  Maidana slipping through that pullcounter is the hardest ive ever seen floyd get hit. Mosleys wobbled the sht out of him tho.. but chinos punch at end of round 4... Woulda knocked anyone out cold
                  Not anyone, if you use IV it won't hurt you. No IV...you going to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Also that beautiful left hook, unnoticed by most: https://youtu.be/o_PLFpTmIYw?t=2294
                    Yeah most of these guys have selective memories. It was a tough fight, a lot of the rounds were extremely competitive and some were very violent. Floyd nudged ahead in most of the rounds, or would pull away in the last minute but not all, and the fight taken as a whole part rather than 12 parts (rounds) was one of Floyd's toughest.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      Cotto damaged him the most. Just because some of the others were able to visibly hurt him for a few seconds of the fight doesn't mean they damaged him more.
                      Miguel did me proud, he gave all he could. That wasn't Miguels best as well. Miguel in his prime possibly would have beat Floyd. At middleweight that would be interesting, even though I think Floyd should fight GGG for his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X