Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frazier V Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant!!! hahahaha thats it "peeleft: are you done?? So tell us who you have met from this discussion? No one? Just say it, you'll feel better!! Now go away it was peacefull without you for awhile, no one missed you! Ray.

Comment

Interesting style match-up, as conventional wisdom holds brawler beats infighter. I think it would be competitive, both were smaller men. As for resume, I don't know, I would probably rate the Rock higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Brilliant!!! hahahaha thats it "peeleft: are you done?? So tell us who you have met from this discussion? No one? Just say it, you'll feel better!! Now go away it was peacefull without you for awhile, no one missed you! Ray.
        Met Frazier on too many occasions to count.

But, that doesn't mean I know more about how he and Marciano stack up against each other than those on here who have never met him. See, I am not an insecure ******* like some.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
          People have said bumping bodies with Marciano hurt. That should tell you how tough, and physical he was. I've never heard that about another fighter. As for the Ali reference it was H2H so when people bring up Ali it's really irrelevant.
          I'm well aware of how tough and physical Marciano was. But Frazier was pushing and throwing Ali around the ring, same with Mathis. Both men are 6'3. These were big men he was pushing around. Marciano never showed that kind of strength.

The only man he fought that he couldn't push around was George Foreman.

As for the comments, Archie Moore said that Floyd Patterson hit him just as hard as Marciano. Faster and with more skill as well.

I don't believe that, but hearsay isn't worth much at all. Archie was a brilliant mind but that's clearly not true.

As for Foreman and Marciano, they both have SICK power. Foreman was a big dude himself, but Marciano had that with his frame and small body. P4P Marciano had some gifts man. He also had a 2 handed attack unlike Frazier who would limit himself from time to time
          Marciano never proved that against the same people as George Foreman did. In fact, as I said, he took longer to get rid of worse competition than Foreman did, or even Frazier.

Watch Marciano hitting Moore while he's on the ropes. Moore is absolutely exhausted and he even takes some flush. It's actually a little embarassing to watch.

One flush punch from Foreman in that situation, you'd be out of the ring. At that age, Archie might have had to retire.

Marciano throws so many more punches to achieve the same thing LATER than George Foreman does. No way does he have comparable power.

Comment

This is just speculation. Being that Rocky never lost and was only the victim of a flash knockdown we can only assume how he would react when faced with a bigger & arguably stronger opponent in a Frazier/Foreman. But, I'd put my money on an undefeated fighter like Rocky before I would on someone else. The saying goes that an undefeated fighter is very hard to beat because he doesn't know that he can be beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
              This is just speculation. Being that Rocky never lost and was only the victim of a flash knockdown we can only assume how he would react when faced with a bigger & arguably stronger opponent in a Frazier/Foreman. But, I'd put my money on an undefeated fighter like Rocky before I would on someone else. The saying goes that an undefeated fighter is very hard to beat because he doesn't know that he can be beat.
              Care to explain why you voted for Marciano having the better wins?

People who voted that option have yet to speak up

Comment

The saying goes that an undefeated fighter is very hard to beat because he doesn't know that he can be beat.
                And sometimes an undefeated fighter gets beaten because he thinks he's unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  Care to explain why you voted for Marciano having the better wins?

People who voted that option have yet to speak up
                  Well, Frazier did have that win against Ali. But, the bottom line is Marciano had completely cleaned out the division and was hands-down the best of his time. I see more consistency with Rocky. I honestly don't think Frazier could have done what the Rock had done at any point in time.

Comment

Well, Frazier did have that win against Ali. But, the bottom line is Marciano had completely cleaned out the division and was hands-down the best of his time. I see more consistency with Rocky. I honestly don't think Frazier could have done what the Rock had done at any point in time.
                    I think Frazier could have beaten everyone Marciano had beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923
                      Frazier wouldve beat everyone Rocky did. I have little doubt of that.

Moore falls in 4. Soon as he dares touch the ropes.

Walcott is possibly tricky enough to lose by UD. Gets outworked though.

Charles get tagged at some point mid to late while he is starting to fade.

The other opponents arent worth discussing. They have nothing for him.

That aside, it sounds like you arent disputing that Frazier had the better wins. Frazier had almost all of those wins (except Bugner) before his first loss.

You dont think he couldve fought 20 more no hopers along the way and retired undefeated?

He stepped up in competition so much earlier than Rocky, because he was a gold medalist. 20 no hopers wouldve been much easier than Foreman

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X