No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia Drops Sadam Ali Four Times For TKO in Four

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weights

Ali was 169 and Munguia was 170 , one pound difference.

Comment

• If this guy is a golden boy fighter Ali got sold out plain and simple.

Comment

• Size difference was huge. Ali is a warrior, but his team should have never taken this fight. He landed some decent shots but Jaime just walked through them and delivered his own. Ali is no slouch but he is a welterweight and looked to be fighting a super middleweight.

As for Munguia, he looked good and will be a tough nut to crack for most of the 154lbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Sad to see. I knew of Ali since he was 16 coming up in my city.
          For sure. Sadam was managed poorly.

Comment

• Sadam is the American version of Brook should definitely look to get out of his current handlers and sign with Matchroom probably extends his career

Comment

• Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
              If this guy is a golden boy fighter Ali got sold out plain and simple.
              Zanfer I think....[MENTION][/MENTION]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                For sure. Sadam was managed poorly.
                So the correct way to manage is to protect your fighter? Ali wasn't smart to take it for sure, but it also shows his mentality. The way any boxer should think if they want to be great! He just took out Cotto & thought he was on the top of world, simply shows where Miguel really was at this stage of his career.

This just shows how there are way too many weight divisions & the difference between JMW & MW isn't as much as people claim it is. Mungia was huge & would have been a great test for GGG. Kudos to Golovkin for wanting this fight, no matter what all the haters said...they now will jump on the Mungia train. I'm actually happy the Golovkin-Mungia fight wasn't sanctioned because people simply would have written him off rather than watching his fights & see how the kid develops. He's too raw for that match-up just yet.

Mell Charlo, Hurd & Mungia should all be in the MW division. Can't wait to see how it stacks up in the next 1-2 years. Golovkin will be on the decline, but there will be a true passing of the torch sometime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Munguia's phone is ringing right now. The man on the other end is speaking English and has a funny accent, he's saying to Munguia, "Son, I've got 20 billion pesos to spend, are you ready to #EarnwithHearn?"
                  Does Eddie Hearn even want that for Kell Brook?

Don't have HBO, and didn't see a reason to head out to a bar to watch, but the clips I saw of the fight on YouTube put Munguia firmly in that class of massive 154s (Hurd, Charlo, JRock, Andrade, etc).

Kell Brook was a giant 147lber, but he's a solid/big 154.

I need to see the actual fight to gauge the skills (I assume Brook is the more skillful fighter), but Eddie's going to take a couple weeks to make that call, if he makes the call at all.

Comment

• Not really unexpected tbh. Ali is a welter, and not a very good one either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Does Eddie Hearn even want that for Kell Brook?

Don't have HBO, and didn't see a reason to head out to a bar to watch, but the clips I saw of the fight on YouTube put Munguia firmly in that class of massive 154s (Hurd, Charlo, JRock, Andrade, etc).

Kell Brook was a giant 147lber, but he's a solid/big 154.

I need to see the actual fight to gauge the skills (I assume Brook is the more skillful fighter), but Eddie's going to take a couple weeks to make that call, if he makes the call at all.
                      Hell nah, he don't want that for Brook. He needs to buy this guy to put on matchroom USA and try to build him into the next Mexican star in the states

Comment

Working...
                      X