No announcement yet.

A disconnect in logic that applies to us all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A disconnect in logic that applies to us all

Rewind for a sec to the Spanish Civil War. This goes for every nation though. Here's a piece of architecture from that era:

So they were advanced enough as a society to build this beautiful stuff but also too stupid to get along and work together?

Now a more severe case is present-day America. We have people brilliant enough to build electronics on the picometer scale, process information at a terahertz rate, and map the entire human genome, but yet we are too stupid to figure out how to work together for a better future?

Why is this?

This is my question for this thread. WHY IS THIS?

Nobody can answer why this is. All we can do is argue and fight. WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      Nobody can answer why this is. All we can do is argue and fight. WHY?
      We gotta argue and fight. It adds excitement and uncertainty to living.
      Same reason our Mother God gave us freewill too.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        We gotta argue and fight. It adds excitement and uncertainty to living.
        Same reason our Mother God gave us freewill too.
        It seems like we are so far behind though! There's so much we don't know, and we are wasting our time on petty feuds rather than finding it out!!!!!

Comment

It seems like we are so far behind though! There's so much we don't know, and we are wasting our time on petty feuds rather than finding it out!!!!!
          Only a few will find out and I believe they are quietly at work. They won't be recognized until their findings are published.

The rest of us who aren't doing anything else will continue on with the meaningless squabbles and fights.

You ever wondered my Our Mother in heaven don't just fully enlighten us?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Only a few will find out and I believe they are quietly at work. They won't be recognized until their findings are published.

The rest of us who aren't doing anything else will continue on with the meaningless squabbles and fights.

You ever wondered my Our Mother in heaven don't just fully enlighten us?

I read a few books by Scott Peck (MD) and he sort of saw our Earthly existence as a sort of training ground. That's a cool concept to me!
            Erich Fromm was a huge influence on Scott Peck and I've read a lot of Fromm and love that guy. He's a genius on the level of Newton.

Comment

I agree with you and siablo...

Comment

I read a few books by Scott Peck (MD) and he sort of saw our Earthly existence as a sort of training ground. That's a cool concept to me!
                Erich Fromm was a huge influence on Scott Peck and I've read a lot of Fromm and love that guy. He's a genius on the level of Newton.
                Look up Samuel Beckett's works.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I agree with you and siablo...
                  You are like Pozzo in En Attendant Godot.

Comment

I remember this one time a guy asked on a boxing forum “why do people fight?”

I thought that was funny

Comment

Working...
                    X