Megalodon might get replaced as king of the Ocean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megalodon might get replaced as king of the Ocean

https://owlcation.com/stem/Livyatan-...c-Sea-Monsters

Being 50-60 feet long and weighing in at 50-60 tons on average ithe Livyatan Melvillei equaled in size to the legendary Megalodon, with functional foot long teeth on both sides of the jaw it is absolutely certain that it met the Megalodon in one on one encounter and may have toppled the shark in some encounters.

This is the comparison in size.

Fascinating this is straight up from a movie and ****.

But I believe the whale beat the shark on occasion 60/40 on the whale.
    Last edited by Thraxox; 12-06-2017, 06:24 AM.

how do these sea monster go extinct when they're in the sea?? i mean that's a picture of it eating a shark. if there was sharks back then, how do these sea monster just disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      how do these sea monster go extinct when they're in the sea?? i mean that's a picture of it eating a shark. if there was sharks back then, how do these sea monster just disappear?
      The sea sure is an interesting place. Most of it is completely undiscovered.

Comment

When it comes to space and sea studies, I'm always intrigued about what's out there and how much do we think we really know or will we ever be able to know about all aspects of them. It's really scary in a way because our knowledge is very limited when it comes to them both, but I'm more frighten about things from outer space.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          The sea sure is an interesting place. Most of it is completely undiscovered.
          i mean i can understand animals on land going extinct since the world is evolving and humans destroying their habitat, but how do sea creatures go extinct when the sea is basically untouched by humans.

Comment

Large creatures require huge amounts of food to sustain themselves, most likely they were out-competed by smaller sharks and whales that did not need as much as food to sustain themselves. If they become less successful hunting, and cannot sustain their huge food demand, they go extinct. Happens in both the ocean and land. In lean times, mega animals are among the first to die, because they are the least adaptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              When it comes to space and sea studies, I'm always intrigued about what's out there and how much do we think we really know or will we ever be able to know about all aspects of them. It's really scary in a way because our knowledge is very limited when it comes to them both, but I'm more frighten about things from outer space.
              you tend to fear the sea because of the scary creatures that may lurk beneath, but you are scared of the outer space in fear of something that would wipe out humanity.

Comment

i mean i can understand animals on land going extinct since the world is evolving and humans destroying their habitat, but how do sea creatures go extinct when the sea is basically untouched by humans.
                Temperatures of the sea, ice ages all that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
                  Large creatures require huge amounts of food to sustain themselves, most likely they were out-competed by smaller sharks and whales that did not need as much as food to sustain themselves. If they become less successful hunting, and cannot sustain their huge food demand, they go extinct. Happens in both the ocean and land. In lean times, mega animals are among the first to die, because they are the least adaptable.
                  The extinction for Megalodon is interesting cause it is actually the combination of whales moving into the colder areas which the mega's cannot follow and predatory whales emerging ( Orca's and Modern Spermwhales) which they began picking off Megalodons, and on top of starvation it went extinct.

Comment

Some have hypothesized Orca killing them off but Id say:

Comment

Working...
                    X