No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    Think Povetkin is going to have some success early, could even see AJ being hurt in the 1st or 2nd round and it will turn the fight into a war instead of a boxing match. Think AJ comes through it and stops Povetkin some time between the 5th and the 8th
    If Joshua prevailed in the war you describe, his stock would go way up in my book. My thinking is that he will need to control the fight with his height and reach. If it gets out of control and they begin trading power shots inside, the advantage swings way over to Povetkin’s side.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      REddit streams......
      oooo ok i see what you ment

Comment

Joshua should KO Povetkin and needs to look good doing it. that said, Alexander won't make it easy.

Comment

Is the fight on live TV or just DAZN?

Comment

I think AJ will stay on the outside and box Povetkin. Povetkin is a good inside fighter and has a good chin, so he won't be scared to rush his way in eating a jab.
            But if Povetkin has aged since I last saw him going late rounds then it's a late KO for AJ

Comment

I'm going with Povetkin He's been on a helluva run since the Wlad loss.

Comment

I am really thinking most here will be surprised with AJ vs Povetkin.

Go ahead and rewatch AJ fights... especially vs Wlad... AJ knocked down and was also dead in the water, barely standing up. Since then, his stamina has not really been there.

For Povetkin, with the exception of Price.... most of his fights went the distance in the recent past and he has stood up the 12 rounds there far better than AJ has.

Speaking of Price... Povetkin took a clean shot from Price, one that would easily KO most heavyweights, and got up and then put Price to Sleep. if WLAD could not put Povetkin out... no way in hell does AJ do it.

If it goes the distance... either AJ by decision (and Povetkin winning a decision in England would be the same as GGG getting the nod against Oscar and his girls in Vegas)..... OR... Povetkin by KO Mid to late.

Furthermore, we really have to look at this from the phsycological standpoint....

Povetkin - he has zero ****s to give here... either he wins and becomes champ or he just got his cash out and can retire happy. Recent interviews of him from workout, he is 100% relaxed and ready to work.

For AJ.... - This is his first fight for DAZN and he is being pulled in 20 directions between marketing events, etc. Tons riding on this and he likely knows this is the most dangerous fight for him yet, even more so than Wlad. I think the levels of pressure and ingredients for a massive blow up here are like when Kovalev returned to fight in Russia against Chilemba... was supposed to be easy fight but he was not focused on the fight and too much on promoting it and fulfilling obligations. I think this is how AJ is with this one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      dazn......
                      Man is that some online bs?

Comment

Working...
                      X