Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: It's Not About The Sparring, I Believe I Can Beat Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody ever backs Whytes stories up. I wonder why 🤔

Comment

Whyte might have a success against Fury who knows, hitting fury in the body might slow his head down after all

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post

That’s why he’s known as Dillian Shyte
        Cause he’s full of chit

Comment

The correct translation of this headline is "I believe I can get paid by facing Tyson Fury"

Comment

Yet Whyte keeps talking about it, truthfully don't care for sparring stories. It should stay in the gym because it doesn't matter. An actual boxing match matters and I would put my money on Fury easily.

Comment

Whyte really thinks he has a 50/50 chance of beating Fury. I say really it's 20/80 in Fury's favor with the proviso that Fury hasn't yet fought normal top quality opposition. (Wilder is a different kind of fighter to the rest)

Comment

I’ve seen a lot of posts now about how Whyte is going to work the body and how that’s a sound strategy.
                Do people think it’s really that simple and no one else has thought of that.
                Chisora had some success in their first fight and took it to vitali downstairs really well in their fight. I’m sure he’d have liked to do something similar in his rematch with fury but he couldn’t close range or get off when he did.

I think Whyte would similarly struggle to get in range and if he did fury would grab, maul and lean on him and smother his work. Just a tremendously punishing nights work physically and mentally for Whyte if they were ever to fight.

Comment

Lost a bit of respect for Whyte recently with all the gossip about 7 year old sparring stories.

Happy for him to get his shot at Fury after all that's gone on and if he specifically targets that mid rift early and effectively he could add a bit of spice (for several rounds) to what otherwise would be a 12-0 white wash.

But he needs to turn it in with the stories due to the huge variables. Tyson was known at that time for blowing up between fights, he could have been just a few weeks into fat camp. Whyte on the other hand could have been 2-3 weeks away from a fight with all the readiness that comes at that stage and a point to prove.

It's all a nonsense really, it's anything but 2 fighters at the same stage, fully prepped for each other. It's practice for goodness sake, a place for working on weaknesses.

I remember watching Ricky Hatton wading through treacle after about 120 seconds at the start of camp.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    Whyte went life and death with Chisora.

Fury schooled Chisora so badly he quit on his stool.

I get that Whyte wants to keep his name out there, but seriously...he is totally deluded.
                    1) Chisora was erractic back then, a total hothead who was getting into trouble in life too. After his loss to that kurdish guy (kabayel?) , he was partying it up hard...then got his act together.
                    Whilst he's obv older now, he's mentally in a better state and puts the work in the gym.
                    So for example look at what Chisora did to Spiltka, the guy who was dominating Wilder.
                    2) the first fight TF vs Chisora fight was closer, the second one resulted in chisora quitting.
                    BUT...whyte left chisora unconscious..
                    you can spin this one eitherway..even so styles make fights.

personally i just dont know what's going to happen. I'd expect fury to outbox whyte, esp because whyte has poor movement, he's very flat footed. If fury stands and trades with whyte then he risks getting clipped. he can do what he did vs wilder in the first fight and just jab his head off with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                      he wasnt lying about wilder vs klit was he?
                      Fury bragged about what he did to Miller in sparring. Nothing on Whyte...and Fury didnt once deny what DW did.

obv whyte is over exaggerating but still.

Comment

Working...
                      X