Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate Garcia's power against seasoned welters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
    Thing is guys that can load up have a good planted stance. Thurman is heavier than Salka or Peterson. Garcia's shots weren't phasing Keef
    He might be but Peterson is pretty ****ing big. Did you see him vs Garcia and his last fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      It was imo consistent how Thurman staggers body on any shell type of defense. I think Keef is big boned like his pops. His father is like a mini big George...

Thurman wasn't phazed on any Garcia shot to the face.., didn't people say his body would be in danger? Against a seasoned Welter?

This is why, Garcia vs Collazo should be next. I guarantee Al will make it happen
      Danny's power is not monstrous, but when ever he landed flush on Thurman, it stopped Thurman dead in his tracks, before Thurman reset and kept on.

Danny seems to hit solid, with the power to wear you out late if he's able to consistently land his shots.

Say what you want about Keith, early in the fight, he hit Danny Garcia dead on the jaw with a massive shot, and Danny Garcia didn't end up doing much more than wobble a little bit.

Danny Garcia vs Luis Collazo may earnestly end up being the next fight for Danny (for the simple fact that two Puerto Rican fighters, one from Brooklyn, fighting at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, would likely do massive enough business to open up the full Barclays Center again)/

Comment

Danny Garcia has never been a huge knockout puncher. He's always been a low volume, boxer/counter puncher who relies mostly on speed, timing and accuracy in order to hurt, drop and stop his opponents. He's a deliberate fighter who chooses and picks his spots very carefully before throwing any punches at all.

Comment

Thurman felt Danny shots early and after the third round decided that boxing on the move was the way to go. Danny couldn't adapt so why take chances close. Danny has good power!

Ray

Comment

Garcia has what some people call "sneaky" power due to the way he times you. But he also hits pretty solid.

Like Keith said after the fight, if you let Garcia plant his feet and sit on a punch and land on you it carries tremendous amount of power because he's able to get so much leverage on those shots due to him being somewhat flat footed. Garcia landed one of those to Keith's arm during the fight and Keith said he will feel that for at least a week.

Keith CAN be an honest stand-up guy and he gave Garcia credit on his power.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Danny's power is not monstrous, but when ever he landed flush on Thurman, it stopped Thurman dead in his tracks, before Thurman reset and kept on.

Danny seems to hit solid, with the power to wear you out late if he's able to consistently land his shots.

Say what you want about Keith, early in the fight, he hit Danny Garcia dead on the jaw with a massive shot, and Danny Garcia didn't end up doing much more than wobble a little bit.

Danny Garcia vs Luis Collazo may earnestly end up being the next fight for Danny (for the simple fact that two Puerto Rican fighters, one from Brooklyn, fighting at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, would likely do massive enough business to open up the full Barclays Center again)/
              I didnt see Keef buckle from abi shıt. Güven Garcia's more precise than most of his opposition, guys like Karass land harder. Karass even hurt Chino. What I saw was Keith haymaking Garcia. It's the tell tale of respecting power. Keith had to rely on accurate shooting down the Championship rounds which would gain points, not a miracle in hurting as Keith would retaliate. We can agree that second half was conservative from both...

I really want too see Garcia vs Collazo at the Barclays. I mean why not. I see Garcia winning, but you never know, Collazo might come back like a Herrera.

Comment

garcia's power is legit. thurman just wasnt there to be hit clean with full shot.

Comment

Working...
                X