No announcement yet.

just few stats about current title holders in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
    Tavoris Cloud being 5'10 ain't unusual for a Light Heavyweight. Mike Tyson was a Heavyweight and he was like 5'10 too. Don't know, this info just stood out to me the most.
    what stood out to me the most is the japanese kid kazuto ioka who somehow got a title in his 7 th pro fight at age 21

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
      what stood out to me the most is the japanese kid kazuto ioka who somehow got a title in his 7 th pro fight at age 21
      Leon Spinks fought and beat Muhammad Ali in his 8th pro fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        Leon Spinks fought and beat Muhammad Ali in his 8th pro fight.
        Leon Spinks was already a known star thanks to his amateur / olympic achievements

but this guy...

Comment

Leon Spinks was already a known star thanks to his amateur / olympic achievements

but this guy...
          ioka had a pretty good amateur record as well...I'm not sure how well known he is in japan but maybe it had to do more with the then current title holder, Oleydong Sithsamerchai, thinking "oh well heres an easy ass fight! 6-0! oooohhh I'm so scared!" lol. Ioka worked him over pretty good. I like this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            ioka had a pretty good amateur record as well...I'm not sure how well known he is in japan but maybe it had to do more with the then current title holder, Oleydong Sithsamerchai, thinking "oh well heres an easy ass fight! 6-0! oooohhh I'm so scared!" lol. Ioka worked him over pretty good. I like this kid.
            lol i forgot that the previous champion was a thai

they'll defend their titles against guys making their debut for all they care ( generalization , but pretty common over there )

Comment

lol i forgot that the previous champion was a thai

they'll defend their titles against guys making their debut for all they care ( generalization , but pretty common over there )
              right, for example his fight prior to losing the title was against an 0-2 guy.

Comment

So did Leon Spinks, or perhaps it was his 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  So did Leon Spinks, or perhaps it was his 8th.
                  Sorry for duplication, I saw the info after I posted.

Comment

Interesting! I found it strange that strawweight champ Ricardo Lopez was nearly the same height(1/2 inch) as Dwight Muhammad Qawi. Qawi even fought at heavyweight.

Comment

David tua is 5'9 240+

Comment

Working...
                      X