Gonna start running.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    Hi Yodamann,

I doubt your old school would have any problems at all with you using their track in the evenings. Most schools encourage this sort of thing.........and you'll get an accurate distance measurement.
    I jump a fence at an apartment complex im not a member of to be able to shadowbox underwater.

If you're gonna put your brain on the line and compete in boxing, I suggest being less of a ***** when it comes to caring about someone booting you off a track. Do what you gotta do to get that work in, and if someone tells you to leave, bounce.

Comment

sorry if i sound like a dick but i speak my mind and thats why my karma is red, i aint like these other ***** mother****ers on here that beg for karma in good karma threads lol...i speak my mind and imho contacting a damn school to ask them if you can run on their track is the stupidest thing ive ever heard in my life coming from someone trying to do boxing training or compete in boxing. the guy who answers that phone call will hang up thinking, 'that guys a dip****' if you call and ask if you can use the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Frighteous View Post
        sorry if i sound like a dick but i speak my mind and thats why my karma is red, i aint like these other ***** mother****ers on here that beg for karma in good karma threads lol...
        XD Nah, I don't mind.
        Only problem is my high school is a 40 minute walk away. Don't have my driver's permit/license yet, so...yeah. Maybe running from my place to the park and back is good for now.

Comment

I just do laps around my neighborhood. going to a track isn't too important, a lot of people advocate it, but I hate running to begin with; I'd rather get it done as easily and short as possible. The way I see it, the time spent while transporting to a location to run, could just as easily be spent just stepping outside and just going.

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
            I just do laps around my neighborhood. going to a track isn't too important, a lot of people advocate it, but I hate running to begin with; I'd rather get it done as easily and short as possible. The way I see it, the time spent while transporting to a location to run, could just as easily be spent just stepping outside and just going.
            I concur. Kinda. I like knowing how many miles/quarters of a mile I've ran. :P

Comment

Haven't been able to run the past few days. Furckin' shin splints. Would doing calf raises or stretching/combination of both prevent shins from splinting?

Comment

Originally posted by yodamann View Post
                Haven't been able to run the past few days. Furckin' shin splints. Would doing calf raises or stretching/combination of both prevent shins from splinting?
                yes, but make sure you warm up before you stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                  yes, but make sure you warm up before you stretch.
                  Hmmm, would skipping rope be an okay warm-up?

Comment

Originally posted by yodamann View Post
                    Hmmm, would skipping rope be an okay warm-up?
                    probly not, jumping rope can cause shin splints just as much as running.

Id say walk 5 mins for a warm up and do some light stretching. I usually break for a few seconds ever mile so, so after my first mile/the first break i take i do most my stretching then and make sure to stretch again after im done running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                      probly not, jumping rope can cause shin splints just as much as running.

Id say walk 5 mins for a warm up and do some light stretching. I usually break for a few seconds ever mile so, so after my first mile/the first break i take i do most my stretching then and make sure to stretch again after im done running.
                      Oh right. > <

Ahh, I see. Danke for the tips!

Comment

Working...
                      X