Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Jr.'s excuse to not fight a legitimate WW "They don't sell".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Jr.'s excuse to not fight a legitimate WW "They don't sell".

Before the nuthugging or hater comments get thrown around, let me just say this. I enjoy watching PBF because of the perfection of HIS craft, but, I do not appreciate the way he goes about doing business, but that is the keyword, BUSINESS. That's the name of the game, and we all as fans and enthusiasts of the sport of boxing have to deal with.

Now, with that said, PBF clearly stated that although Mosley is a legitimate WW, he lost his chance to fight PBF, and now at the stage that Mosley is at, does not warrant him a chance to fight Mosley.

Is this a legitimate reason? Or a blatant excuse and clear example of ducking someone for the sake of money?

People will argue that because of the name PBF has made for himself, that it gives him the right to avoid fighters solely because of how much they appeal (draw), or in other words how much money they can generate. Personally, I see this as a huge excuse to avoid fighting a higher risk opponent, cupping that "0", and further accentuating his character, position, and name in boxing.

Floyd Money Mayweather Jr.

That's pretty much it, all the talent in the world yet no heart, all business. Boxing fans caught up to this BS, Floyd fans still trying to defend his money and willing to empty their bank accts for him. Pressure from the media and true boxing fans will eventually get him in the ring with someone in his prime and size who can actually beat him. I get the feeling that's when we'll see him at his very best, but for now its a FRAUD.

Comment

Its not really an excuse.I think Mayweather vs Moseley would sell fine,and why not?
      What,are they really saying that they havent got the ability to sell it? If you cant sell it,get better salesmen.

Comment

Most people watch Mayweather because they want to see him lose, if you put him in with a legit Welter then there is a greater chance of him losing, therefore, it will sell a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
          Most people watch Mayweather because they want to see him lose, if you put him in with a legit Welter then there is a greater chance of him losing, therefore, it will sell a lot.
          Exactly,and Floyd surely must know this as he is a businessman right?

Comment

True, but the argument I was trying to make is that PBF is afraid of losing, he knows better than anyone the type of persona he has made himself. Put that in with the fact that he has made himself a household name and you have a perfect alliby

Comment

Originally posted by Madlib View Post
              True, but the argument I was trying to make is that PBF is afraid of losing, he knows better than anyone the type of persona he has made himself. Put that in with the fact that he has made himself a household name and you have a perfect alliby
              I am going to laugh my bollocks off if this fight backfires and Marquez does him!

Comment

Originally posted by Madlib View Post
                Before the nuthugging or hater comments get thrown around, let me just say this. I enjoy watching PBF because of the perfection of HIS craft, but, I do not appreciate the way he goes about doing business, but that is the keyword, BUSINESS. That's the name of the game, and we all as fans and enthusiasts of the sport of boxing have to deal with.

Now, with that said, PBF clearly stated that although Mosley is a legitimate WW, he lost his chance to fight PBF, and now at the stage that Mosley is at, does not warrant him a chance to fight Mosley.

Is this a legitimate reason? Or a blatant excuse and clear example of ducking someone for the sake of money?

People will argue that because of the name PBF has made for himself, that it gives him the right to avoid fighters solely because of how much they appeal (draw), or in other words how much money they can generate. Personally, I see this as a huge excuse to avoid fighting a higher risk opponent, cupping that "0", and further accentuating his character, position, and name in boxing.

Floyd Money Mayweather Jr.
                Floyd fought the #1 and #2 Welterweights and the #1 Jr Middle.

WHO DESERVED A SHOT AT FLOYD MORE?

Baldomir or Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                  That's pretty much it, all the talent in the world yet no heart, all business. Boxing fans caught up to this BS, Floyd fans still trying to defend his money and willing to empty their bank accts for him. Pressure from the media and true boxing fans will eventually get him in the ring with someone in his prime and size who can actually beat him. I get the feeling that's when we'll see him at his very best, but for now its a FRAUD.
                  WHY DIDN'T COTTO FIGHT WILLIAMS??

After all...Paul did "call him out"

Cotto tried to get a fight with Oscar(for the money)...and he's stated that he'd fight the much smaller Fanny Pac..for the money.

Too bad he's still fighting on regular HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
                    I am going to laugh my bollocks off if this fight backfires and Marquez does him!
                    If you want to laugh your bollocks off...

Try holding Joke Calzhage to the same standards as you do Mayweather.

THAT WOULD MAKE ANYBODY DOUBLE OVER IN LAUGHTER.

Comment

Working...
                    X