Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give an example of a boxer that lost due to overtraining?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner looked like **** because Maidana knocked the stuffing out of him for the first 6 rounds....

Comment

Granted, there's no real way to measure over training, really.

But I remember hearing about Kessler peaking too early in camp in his second fight against Froch.

Comment

Hatton vs Pacquiao.I'm not saying Ricky would have won but he would of done a darn sight better than he did do.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
          Hatton claimed he over trained but his ass was getting knocked out either way, he might have last a few rounds longer but thats it. Maybe roy jones vs tarver 2? having to lose all the weight from Ruiz fight, as he looked horrible in the first tarver fight also.
          Try losing 30 pounds of muscle.imo he should.have told tarver to come and put.up or shut up.roy was A side and he played himself there .

He destroyed his body for tarver 1 and still won.

Comment

I think many fighterd overtrain but its a thin line and many use it as a excuse.
            stiverne said he overtrained against wilder

Comment

Khan vs GArcia. Had a massive 10-12 week camp for Peterson rematch but Peterson failed the drug test, Khan got offered Garcia not long after. He took 1 week of then went into another 12 week camp, weight drained and over trained, not focused.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                Try losing 30 pounds of muscle.imo he should.have told tarver to come and put.up or shut up.roy was A side and he played himself there .

He destroyed his body for tarver 1 and still won.
                Ehhh.... There's a reason there was a rematch.

Comment

Ward when he fought Gatti the second and third time.

I remember an interview somewhere when he said that right when there were rumors of a rematch right before the fight was actually signed he hit the gym and trained non stop until the fight came into fruition.

Don't know if there's truth to it but he looked so lethargic in fight's 2 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by talz View Post
                    Khan vs GArcia. Had a massive 10-12 week camp for Peterson rematch but Peterson failed the drug test, Khan got offered Garcia not long after. He took 1 week of then went into another 12 week camp, weight drained and over trained, not focused.
                    this is a good example.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
                      Hatton claimed he over trained but his ass was getting knocked out either way, he might have last a few rounds longer but thats it. Maybe roy jones vs tarver 2? having to lose all the weight from Ruiz fight, as he looked horrible in the first tarver fight also.
                      Hatton was just never as good as he was hyped imo. And as for jones, this is a decent example but we see this a lot, fighters move up for a fight then try to move back down especially at an advanced boxers age and get KO'd. I am assuming the weight cutting and bulking is traumatic to the body. Guys under 25 I think can make weight moves fairly easy but once your over 25, I think fighters should settle into a weight class until they cannot make it anymore so I am not to sure if you could necessarily say RJJ overtrained, he may have trained as normal, just couldnt take the cut, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X