Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STRAPSEASON

Great big man > Great smaller man

sorry Mikey

Mikey thinks he does everything Spence does but just a little better. He doesn't do reach, height or weight better though and that is fundamental in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
      10-1 favorite.

Spence -

Power
      Size
      Speed
      Youth

Garcia -

Experience

Hard to picture Garcia winning this.
      Exactly. Garcia can only cause him some trouble with his movement - I wouldn't be suprised to see that, but to be honest he never had an amazing footwork to begin with. He's too basic to cause the real trouble to Spence & Crawford to the point of beating them and if Spence is any good he should destroy Mikey. I have him stopping Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        What will happen to this site if Garcia wins? One day shutdown, total crash....how bad will the fallout be?
        Well it would be tough for all the fanboys who can't separate their emotions from the critical thinking, but there would be no problems for guys like me who would just say "oups, Mikey suprised me, props to him for beating Spence". Liking one fighter more than the other should never be equal to predicting the winner.

Comment

Damn - I like both guys. Got a lot of sympathy for Spence having struggled to get guys to face him, and I was getting tired of Mikey always promising the big fights but never delivering, but dude turned that around with this move, though I'm still undecided whether it was ballsy as hell or just damn stupid... guess we'll find out in a few days.

Guess I'm gonna be rooting for Mikey more as the underdog with a massive hill to climb, just because it would be an epic achievement even though normally I'd probably say I was more a fan of Spence.

Comment

Working...
          X